Essence of Now: Double Trouble

I’ve had the double the kids in my house this past week. All week.

kids2

I’ve been trying to keep them entertained by going to places like the bounce house, the library, the Discovery Museum and the Arboretum.

tadpoles

At home they have been helping me in the kitchen with baking cookies, making dinner and blending various green smoothies including a strawberry banana lettuce smoothie.

baking

I’ve also made sure we had time to put our feet up and relax. Because that’s what summer is all about, right?

shoes

It’s been double the trouble. But it’s also been double the fun.

kids

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to take a much needed nap.

Now it’s your turn to join Mama Track and me with your Essence of Now. Grab the button code in the sidebar and linkup with the URL of your Essence of Now post. Link will be open for one week.

Essence of Now

17 Responses to Essence of Now: Double Trouble

1. Alison says:

Having people help bake cookies sounds perfect.
    Enjoy the nap :)
    Alison recently posted..Goodbye Google Reader, Hello A Bunch Of Awesome Alternatives!

2. Amanda
    Twitter: Lilahbility

Phew! Sounds like you earned that nap, not to mention the smoothie and the cookies. Enjoy!
    Amanda recently posted..Happenings

Who couldn’t use a nap? I just wish my kids wanted one too.

Sounds like an exhausting week. You definitely earned those cookies. And a martini. ;)
    Kimberly recently posted..Essence of Now: June 28

4. Sisters From Another Mister
    Twitter: thesistershood

Love how somehow you always bring it back to having a nap ;)
    Sisters From Another Mister recently posted..Despicable Me 2

That foot picture is adorable!
    You have certainly been busy!
    Leighann recently posted..Becoming My Mother

6. Aleta says:

Awww, the kids are adorable and it sounds like you are creating some great memories for them!

Lettuce, though? That’s a new one!
    Aleta recently posted..In Bloom

7. Kristy @Loveandblasphemy
    Twitter: PampersandPinot

Hey, Jessica! I know it’s been a while since I’ve said hello, but I’ve been seeing you all over the place – Pinterest and such! It’s Kristy from Pampers and Pinot. I have a new blog now and am back in the blogging business! Good to “see” ya! BTW, I hear you with the extra kids around. Now that my boy is older, the neighborhood kids love being here to play. It can be great, or crazy. Sigh.
    Kristy @Loveandblasphemy recently posted..I Live to Blog Again

8. I love how busy and happy everyone looks. I admire your ability to keep them that way!
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Gone Fishin’

Ah… naps. I need more of those in my life.
    Tonya recently posted..Listen To Your Mother: Before, During and After