Essence of Now: RAW Practice

Awhile ago I made the switch from creative auto to aperture priority. Then I switched from AP to manual. This last week I finally decided I was brave enough to go from shooting in JPEG to RAW. My biggest fear about shooting RAW photos was transferring them to the computer. Thankfully it only took one wrong transfer to figure it out.

So, here are some of my RAW practice shots.

Thanks to daylight savings time the evenings are longer and there is time for digging holes.

digging hole

And planting roses.

planting roses

A certain little one showed us what a goat looks like.

goat

She also spent some time wishing she could get in the garden.

garden

And then wishing she could get out.

trapped

The stupid dogs were less than helpful. One likes to chew the firewood.

dog and stick

While the other likes to dig holes (which I suppose could be helpful if she dug where I wanted to plant. Perhaps I should train her…)dog digging hole

And here’s one of me that the husband took. This picture is truly raw as in I’m not wearing any makeup, I didn’t do anything to my hair and I didn’t photoshop my face at all.

Jessica Torres

Sadly no pictures of the big kid because she was at martial arts while I was taking pictures. Maybe next week…

How was your week?

Now it’s your turn to join Mama Track and me with your Essence of Now. Grab the button code in the sidebar and linkup with the URL of your Essence of Now post.

Essence of Now

19 Responses to Essence of Now: RAW Practice

1. Susi
    Twitter: bocafrau

These are great. I’ve been shooting in manual for a while and have tried RAW before but it kinda scares me and so far I’ve stuck with JPEG. One of these days I’ll go for it again. And you are beautiful au natural!!! :)
    Susi recently posted..Stop! And smell the flowers… {Wordless Wednesday}

2. Alison says:

Great photos!!
    You don’t need any makeup, Jess.
    Alison recently posted..Crisis in Confidence

Is it seriously warm enough there that she can wear sleeveless shirts?? It was 40 here today!
    Kimberly recently posted..Essence of Now: Spring Has Sprung

4. Jess, your shots are great!! You will never go back to auto now that you’ve made the switch. Can’t wait to see the roses. I remember my grandma had rose bushes in her garden and I would ALWAYS forget about the thorns and slice my finger.
    And you? Are beautiful in the raw.
    xo
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Beautiful…

5. angela says:

I don’t even know what you’re talking about :( #CameraClueless

But you are gorgeous and look SO happy in that picture.
    angela recently posted..Walk Away with Me – A Review

You are seriously gorgeous!
    I love your photo’s.. every week they are better and better!
    Keep it up!

7. I have no idea what RAW means but I know I take pictures that way. My husband is in charge of camera stuff and settings. When I upload to iphoto there are always 2 copies and one is raw. Your photos look great and so do you.
    Christine@theaums recently posted..My Latest iVillage Cooking Adventures: Mac and Cheese

I’d say you’re pretty good using the new settings on your camera. I love any and all photos of your youngest. A.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.
    Bruna recently posted..getting ready for kindergarten

9. Abigail
    Twitter: skywaitress

They look great! I’m especially jealous of your no make up face. You’re definitely naturally beautiful.
    Abigail recently posted..40 weeks

Those pictures are phenomenal. So crisp. How do you turn it into RAW? I’m camera stupid.
    Kimberly recently posted..The Tale About An OVERworked Uterus

11. Robin | Farewell, Stranger

You’re brave! My husband shoots in RAW and I’ve been known to have a hissy fit or two when I’m trying to get pictures off the camera.

These are great – spring! And I love the little goat. ;)
    Robin | Farewell, Stranger recently posted..The Newborn Phase

Wow! Great pictures.RAW is no joke though, huh? And you, without makeup? Beautiful!
    Tonya recently posted..My Miracle

Great job and great shots! You are a brave gal…I’m just learning some manual functions of my camera!
    Natalie recently posted..Winter Be Gone!