How to Drink More Water

After I decided to drink more water for my health, the next step was to figure out exactly how to drink more water.

I know it sounds kind of silly. Drinking more water should be as easy as pour and drink, right?

But for me, it’s not that simple.

how to drink more water

I’m on-the-go. A lot.

Both within my house and out of the house.

A glass of water isn’t safe anywhere in the house except on the kitchen counter thanks to two dumb dogs and a certain wild child.

Also, I can’t take a glass of water with me in the car.

For awhile I was buying cases of smartwater and drinking three or four a day.

That was not only costly but also bad for the environment.

Even if I refilled the water bottles to make them last a little longer it was still expensive and used more plastic than I wanted.

Finally one day on a lone trip to Costco, after perusing the liquor aisle, I came across a 3 pack of Contigo Water Bottles.

Contigo Water Bottles

Image Credit

Without a second thought I bought the pack.

And I love them.

Two of the water bottles have been confiscated by certain girls in my house so I’m glad I bought a 3 pack.

The bottle holds 24 ounces of water with lines on the outside so that I can track how much I’m drinking. It has a handle for easy carrying, and a push button for the spout which makes it easy to drink one-handed.

The bottles are dishwasher safe although I always hand wash mine so that it’s not out of commission for too long.

They are also very durable as has been proven after several drops on the ground.

I easily drink 3 of these bottles a day which equals 72 ounces of water.

So, if you’re in the market to drink more water, I suggest you look into some refillable water bottles.

You will thank me.

I promise.

The above link for the water bottles is an affiliate link.

30 Responses to How to Drink More Water

1. Alison says:

Yes! We are big fans of water bottles around here too.
    Alison recently posted..10 Truths I Learned In 3 Years Of Imperfect Parenting

Me too! I have one that I will refill 4-5 times a day.
    Kimberly recently posted..Rules Were Meant To Be Broken

3. it does sound silly, but i need little incentives to get me to drink water too! a new cute little container always does the trick. I like those up there :) nice and bright and colorful.
    sarah sundayspill recently posted..the sunday spill–it starts with a misplaced shoe

Love! I’m a big fan of my “water sippy” as my littlest still calls my water bottle! :)
    Galit Breen recently posted..Homework: Yay or Nay?

I love that the cup has lines, so you can keep track of how much you drink. The picture made me laugh out loud..
    Mirjam recently posted..little visitors

6. I love our Contigos. They have great travel mugs for hot beverages, too.
    Christine@theaums recently posted..Wedding China- Either You Do or You Don’t

7. Susi
    Twitter: bocafrau

I have to make an effort to remind myself to drink water, as well. I use an OXO water bottle with lines and a straw and it really makes a big difference. Yeah, for refillable water bottles!
    Susi recently posted..Picture Perfect Weekly #4 {Breaks, Bike Rides and Make Up}

8. Shell says:

I do so much better when I use a bottle like this. And I need something that doesn’t spill- too much of a chance that my kids will spill otherwise(or me).
    Shell recently posted..The Mom Cold

9. Kate
    Twitter: andthenkate

You’re right–that’s a good-looking water bottle. May have to look those up…

My trick? Perhaps not the most appealing, but it works, even for the forgetful (like me): Keep a glass in the bathroom. Every time you use the bathroom, drink a full glass as soon as you’re done washing your hands. Sure, you’ll have to go to the bathroom again soon, but then you’ll get to drink another glass, too. It’s a cycle, but it works.
    Kate recently posted..We (I) interrupt our (my) regularly scheduled complaining to allow someone (me) to clamber pudgily onto a Jessica-Simpson-on-Weight-Watchers soapbox.

Those look very durable!
    Natalie recently posted..Random Monday

11. Roxanne says:

I have a huge water bottle I just keep refilling all day. It does make it so much easier. It even has a little compartment in the bottom to hold my keys when I go to the gym.

If only I could fit a candy bar in there too.
    Roxanne recently posted..Remember the boggart

• I’ve never seen a water bottle with a compartment on the bottom. That’s pretty cool.

Maybe you could fit a small size candy bar. You know, like the ones that kids get at Halloween.

12. angela says:

I do SO much better when I have my bottle with me.
    angela recently posted..The Master Class #3 – Weightless

13. Abigail
    Twitter: skywaitress

Yes! This is the only way I’m sure to get the right amount of water every day. I have a 1 liter bottle so I know I need to drink 2 every day and often I drink more than 2. For some reason that is easier than refilling a glass. Plus, forget kids, *I* can’t be trusted with open containers of liquid.
    Abigail recently posted..Why we waited

14. Greta @gfunkified
    Twitter: gfunkified

I have a TON of refillable bottles, like Nalgenes and Camelbaks. I also use the reusable tumblers all the time. But my toddler REALLY likes those so they’re hard to keep filled with him around.
    Greta @gfunkified recently posted..Fun (For Them) While It Lasted. #iPPP

I have water bottles all over my house in an effort to drink more H2O and it’s working!! :)
    Tonya recently posted..What A Difference A Day Makes