Essence of Now: 31 and Me

I’ve successfully made it through my 30th year of life and it was a great year.

Now it’s time to start on year #31.

Instead of doing the normal Essence of Now post where I share pictures of what is going on in our lives, I’m going to instead celebrate me.

Jessica Torres

Since it is my birthday after all.

So, I’ve been very busy lately.

Part of what I’ve been doing is leading the Mom Blog Money Blog series over at Business 2 Blogger. We are doing 30 days of posts based on the Mom Blog Money Blog Workshop (affiliate link) and I’ve been coordinating all of the posts, writing posts, doing the social media and joining in the Google + Hangouts. It’s been a great project and I’m learning so much. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you should.

Mom Blog to Money Blog

I set up a Google + Page for my blog and for a page for One Martini’s blog. You should follow them if you are on Google + (hint, hint).

MYAM Google + Page

Of course there is always my Facebook page for My Time as Mom and One Martini at a Time that I am working on growing this year. You should also follow over there if you aren’t already (hint, hint. Again).

Facebook fan page

In addition to all of that I’ve been trying to figure out my goals for myself and for the My Time as Mom blog. I found that I really like the new direction of greener living and parenting. I’m also starting to understand which direction I personally want to go and it turns out I’ve already been on that path for a while.

I’ve got some other really exciting news that I’m not going to share yet (no, I’m not pregnant. Not even funny for you think that) and when it’s time there will be a whole post dedicated to my news but until then you can wish me a happy birthday and then go drink a cocktail in my honor.

Thank you all for following along with My Time as Mom!

Now it’s your turn to join Mama Track and me with your Essence of Now post. Grab the button code in the sidebar and linkup with the URL of your Essence of Now post.

mom blog photography meme

43 Responses to Essence of Now: 31 and Me

1. Alison says:

Happy 31st Birthday, Jessica!! You wear the 30′s well. :)
    Have a great day and can’t wait to hear your big news!
    Alison recently posted..Tasty Thursday: Gingerbread Loaf

2. Abigail
    Twitter: skywaitress

We share a birthday! Happy birthday to you! I hope you had a wonderful day.
    Abigail recently posted..A birthday wish

We will celebrate your birthday in July in Chicago. And mine too. ;) Happy Birthday Assy!!
    Kimberly recently posted..Essence of Now: Dreary Days

4. Maggie S.
    Twitter: AccidentalDesig

No freaking way. It’s my birthday, too. Though I was almost old enough to drive when you were born.

Definitely checking to make sure all the follows are in place.
    Maggie S. recently posted..Do You Mind If I Pass?

5. Maggie S.
    Twitter: AccidentalDesig

Have a very happy day!
    Maggie S. recently posted..Do You Mind If I Pass?

Huge happy birthday to you! I am loving all of the things you’re doing and following you all over the place!!
    Leighann recently posted..Just Hold My Hand

7. Roxanne says:

Happy birthday Jessica!

8. Elaine A.

Of course you MUST celebrate you on your special Day! Eexcited to hear your big news! :)

Oh and Happy Birthday!!!
    Elaine A. recently posted..My ONE Word

9. Greta @gfunkified
    Twitter: gfunkified

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I can’t wait to hear all of the big things happening for you this year. Here’s your birthday present: you’re a year and a half younger than me! Cheers!
    Greta @gfunkified recently posted..The Winter YUCKS #giveaway

10. Happy Happy Birthday to you!
    Jayme @Random Blogette recently posted..“I Almost Said F!”

11. Kristen says:

Hope you have a fantastic birthday! I’m excited to get to know you better in 2013!
    And I will most definitely have a cocktail from your recipes in your honor this evening!
    Kristen recently posted..What Happened To Sportsmanship?

12. Mad Woman (@MadWomanDiary)
    Twitter: madwomandiary

We give birthday paddles in our house… so you’ll be over when? Hee! Happiest of days, my friend.

Happy, happy 31st! I will definitely have a drink in your honor!
    Elena recently posted..A Frigid Compromise

14. Julia says:

Happy 31st! I turned 31 back in July and 31 feels good. Good luck with all you hope to accomplish this year.
    Julia recently posted..A Bit of Magic

15. Laura
    Twitter: LauraORourke

Happy birthday! Glad you celebrated yourself in this post! It is a great thing to do every once in a while. Hope today was grand!
    Laura recently posted..Homesick

Happy birthday, pretty lady! So excited for all of the good you have going on!!
    Galit Breen recently posted..Tiny Pieces

17. Happy Birthday! Can’t wait to hear your big news!
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Party On

18. Aleta says:

Happy Birthday! You look radiant :)
    I’ll have to check out the links on the Mom Blog Money Blog. Thanks for sharing!
    Aleta recently posted..Second Prenatal Class Part 2

Happy 31st birthday! I just turned 31 as well. I am excited to follow along with your blog to see where it goes…since I have been following for almost 2 years now :)

20. So fun! Happy birthday!!
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Rats on a Wheel

21. Amanda O. says:

Happy Belated Birthday! I’m excited to see what this year holds for you…and will continue to read all about it here. Cheers!
    Amanda O. recently posted..Doctor Visit Gone Wrong

How did I miss your birthday?! I’m sorry. I hope you had a terrific day.

31, by the way was my most favorite year. Enjoy!
    Tonya recently posted..Unwavering