The Crisis Of My Identity

As some of you may have noticed, my posts have not had the same oomph that they used to.

Life has been busy over the summer and as we switched from public school to homeschooling.

I had a creeper man stalking me online and made me second guess everything I was doing on the Interwebz.

I also decided to write less about my kids.

In addition to all of that, I’ve been working on changing how my family and I live our lives. Really focusing on greener living and being healthy which means me cooking (scary, I know) and spending more time outdoors.

What this really all boils down to is that I’ve been having an online identity crisis for awhile.

I’ve wanted to change the direction of my blog but wasn’t sure where to go.

I think I’ve figured it out.

My mind is spinning with ideas and I’m trying to put them to paper (or computer, in this case).

Please, bear with me as I make the changes.

I think they are for the best.

Image Credit

46 Responses to The Crisis Of My Identity

1. Alison says:

Change means progress, which is good. Glad to know that you’re putting ideas on paper/ computer. Can’t wait to see your new direction!!
    Alison recently posted..The Comparison Trap

2. Susi
    Twitter: bocafrau

Jessica, I cannot wait to see what direction you are going in. I hope, that wherever it is you are going you’ll be happy with it. I have been thinking a lot about some things I’d like to change and hope to move in that direction. It’s amazing how much has happened in this year of blogging for me. Good luck.
    Susi recently posted..In a fog… {Picture Perfect Weekly #25}

Can’t wait to see where this journey takes you!
    Natalie recently posted..Time for Pumpkin Pickin’!

4. Erin
    Twitter: UniquelyEN

A new journey sounds exciting! I’m excited to see what you come up with.

Stalker? That’s VERY scary.
    Erin recently posted..She’s Simply Amazing

5. Mad Woman behind the Blog
    Twitter: madwomandiary

Funny, except for the homeschooling and the stalker, I’m in the same boat.
    Looking forward to seeing the changes… and happy to support you in any direction you head.
    Thinking of you, my friend.

6. Dr. G
    Twitter: AskDocG

This sounds really healthy and productive – I’m looking forward to seeing where it takes you!

7. Nichole
    Twitter: nicholebeaudry

So happy for you, Jessica.
    I’m excited to see what you have up your sleeve.
    You’re such an inspiration, my friend. xo
    Nichole recently posted..Whole again

8. Robin | Farewell, Stranger

Evolution is good! Glad you have some clarity and looking forward to the new direction.
    Robin | Farewell, Stranger recently posted..Pride and Potential

9. No matter what your journey is, the common thread that weaves throughout is your genuineness. (I looked it up…that’s a word.)
    Christine@theaums recently posted..Our Trip to the Happiest Place on Earth

10. Devan McGuinness
    Twitter: AccustomedChaos

Excited to see where your journey takes you — will always be here reading!
    Devan McGuinness recently posted..Silence is NOT Golden {+Links of Interest}

11. Angela says:

With you no matter where you go! Xo
    Angela recently posted..She Brightens My February

12. Yay! I can’t wait!
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Help. And Acceptance.

13. mommakiss
    Twitter: mommakiss

stalking.
    that’s some scary ass shit!
    mommakiss recently posted..If you’re surgically inclined…

14. You had a creeper stalking you?! That is crazy! And so very scary for you!! Yes, change is good. Can’t wait to see what lies ahead.
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..If You Don’t, Who Will?

Can’t wait to see where this takes you!
    Barbara recently posted..Bon Week-end

Can’t wait to see what’s next for you! Whatever it is, I know it’ll be great. xo
    Tonya recently posted..Hope

17. Can’t wait to see what you’re working on! I’ve been thinking about a shift with my own blog for a while too so I’ll be watching (but not in a creeper sort of way) what new direction you’re taking!
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..The Student Has Become the Teacher

Please don’t refer to me as your stalker. It hurts my feelings.

Also? I now have David Bowie’s “Changes” in my head.
    Kimberly recently posted..Safety First: Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40

Can’t wait to see what changes you’re making!

(I’m so, so sorry about the creeper man! Yikes!)

Change is ScaryGood! I’m excited for you!
    Galit Breen recently posted..Pantene Beautiful Lengths {Locks of Love}

Good for you & good luck. Change is always hard, but worth it.
    Bridget recently posted..Getting Back To Normal

21. I am so excited for you. I have found blogs tend to change as their writer do.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Halloween Safety Rules and Ways to Review Them

22. Pepper Tan says:

I think it’s good that we go through an online identity crisis once in a while. That shows you’re growing :). You’re dying for change, and change is always good. Somewhat stressful, but good :). Good luck!
    Pepper Tan recently posted..Tips on Cleaning Your Area Rug

23. Kate
    Twitter: katepantier

SCARY about the creeper man!

But so awesome you’re making the changes you want to on here. At least you are keeping the blog up, a year ago when I went through my blog crisis I just shut down.

Can’t wait to see what’s coming!
    Kate recently posted..A Spoonful of Nutella