Essence Of Now

A lot of things have been going on in the casa de Torres but none of them can really be blogged about so I don’t have many pictures for this week.

Instead I’ll just say we are still enjoying the garden.

And our new furniture.

While also learning how to make bracelets.

Hope you all had a fantastic week.

Essence of Now
 Now it’s your turn to join Mama Track and I with your Essence of Now post. Grab the button code in the sidebar and linkup.

38 Responses to Essence Of Now

1. Greta
    Twitter: gfunkified

I hope everything’s okay at the casa de Torres! We just found a *tiny* baby watermelon in our garden this week, and we were VERY excited. Hopefully it’ll grow into an actual life-size watermelon.

I made SO MANY of those bracelets growing up. It’s like a rite of passage for girls, isn’t it?
    Greta recently posted..Sharp Dressed Man

Oh fun! I hope your watermelon makes it before the cold kicks in.

I tried teaching my oldest how to make bracelets last year but she wasn’t ready. Finally she has gotten the hang of them.

2. I’m with Greta–are you guys okay?

And enjoy your bounty. Our watermelons never grew this year. The boy was heartbroken.
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Essence of Now (September 21, 2012)

Thank you for checking on me. Yes, everything is okay.

Our cantaloupe and cucumber didn’t come in this year. I understand the boy’s pain.

3. Susi
    Twitter: bocafrau

Yay, for enjoying the garden and for making bracelets. My girl love to make them!!!
    Susi recently posted..A farm in suburbia {Heritage Hen Farms}

I used to love making those bracelets when I was younger! Nice new furniture, too!
    Kimberly recently posted..Essence Of Now

Now she wants to sell her bracelets for 75cents each. She keeps asking if I’ll take her door to door. #NotGonnaHappen

5. Alison says:

I love that young girls are still making those bracelets, just like when I was little.

Mmmm that watermelon looks good.
    Alison recently posted..Of Lists and Not Making Them

6. Maggie S.
    Twitter: AccidentalDesig

Nothing like new furniture!

After the year we’ve had, I am glad not to be looking at tomatoes that won’t stop. Of course, the neighbors are sad they’ll be no fried green tomatoes when I throw in the towel.
    Maggie S. recently posted..Writer’s Workshop:Fully Involved

Oh that last picture brings back some childhood memories…I used to sit like that with thread in between my feet for hours. Loved making those!
    I hope that everything is ok in your casa. Thinking of you. xo
    Kimberly recently posted..6 Word Memoir

8. Love that one of your girlie eating the watermelon! And, new furniture is divine. I think my favorite is the last one though. I love that kids *still* make those bracelets. Makes me really want to go out to a craft store and pick up all the colorful string :)
    Sarah @sundayspill recently posted..oscar and the penumbras

I need to remember how I used to keep that colorful string organized. My daughter has a huge tangle of string and it ends up all over the house.

Ooooh new furniture! Awesome.
    Lots of love from my casa to your casa.
    Mirjam recently posted..Beautiful

That watermelon looks delicious! Making bracelets brings back some great memories!
    Barbara recently posted..Welcome to France Wednesday … Seeing Red

11. Robin | Farewell, Stranger

Ooh, cryptic… Hope all is well. Looks like some lovely things to enjoy.
    Robin | Farewell, Stranger recently posted..Let’s Just Name Him Hector

12. Gina says:

YAY for the new furniture! Gives such a great feeling of renewal.
    Gina recently posted..Ballerina Ballerina

13. You have grown the best things in your garden. I love the new chair. It would be great to snuggle up and read in.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Ten Apples: Read.Explore.Learn.

14. Paulette
    Twitter: LittleMsP

Oooo that furniture looks comfy! I vaguely recall making bracelets like that. I’d probably need medical attention attempting to make bracelets like that again. My girls have yet to discover bracelet making of that sort. I’m sure it’s not far off. ;)
    Paulette recently posted..Wannabe OCD Senses Get Triggered

15. marie says:

I can’t believe you grew watermelon. My garden was so pathetic this year, luckily I bought delicious melons all summer.
    marie recently posted..Rolling On

Last year I had more melons but this year only the watermelon came in. I ended up buying a lot from the farmer’s market.

I’d say the fresh fruits and veggies and new items to sit on is pretty big stuff, oh and I want one of those bracelets.
    Tonya recently posted..Just Now

She has a large collection of bracelets to share but right now they are all tiny as she hasn’t figured out how to make them longer. One day she’ll get it (I hope).

17. angela says:

I loved those bracelets! And I hope all of the happenings are good ones. Thinking of you!
    angela recently posted..Overdue

Oooh new furniture is always a good place to spend your time :)

19. AnnMarie
    Twitter: queenofchaosmom

Love the new furniture! My daughter is obsessed with making those bracelets.
    AnnMarie recently posted..Essence of Now: Tommy