Essence Of Now {A New Meme}

We spent our 3rd weekend in our trailer out at Buck’s Lake. This time we also took the boat.

We figured it was time to get the big kid out on her new wakeboard.

She had fun despite a few face plants.

And since the water was warmer than our local lake, I had to get out there and show her how it’s really done.

The little princess decided to stay on the boat and let the wind blow through her crazy hair.

Also, I’ve been doing a lot of baking lately. My most recent delight was a Coffee-Chocolate Cake with Mocha Mascarpone frosting that I took with us camping. The family thinks I need to make another one to see if they really liked it or not.

So, that’s been my life lately. Full of fun in the sun as summer should be.

And now, Mama Track and I are welcoming everyone else to join us in the Essence of Now. Capture those everyday moments of you, the kids, and whatever else is going on in your life and join us each week. We don’t care what type of camera you use, if you have words or not, we just want to see your Essence of Now.

Link will be open every Fridays and stay open for one week. We even have a button that you can grab over in the sidebar. The linkup starts next Friday (July 20th) so start snapping pics and join us.

Essence of Now
And you can also join me for a drink over at One Martini. We are serving Coconut Mojitos

52 Responses to Essence Of Now {A New Meme}

1. It looks like you guys are having such a great summer. I wish we were there!
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Essence of Now (July 13, 2012)

2. Greta
    Twitter: gfunkified

That looks like so much fun! I’m probably too much of a wienie to wakeboard. I’m also incredibly impressed that you baked a CAKE to go CAMPING.
    Greta recently posted..A Letter #iPPP

3. marie says:

Looking good! A few faceplants just make for a braver girl I say. That cake sound divine, I can see why they wanted you to make it again.
    marie recently posted..Showtime!!!!

Fun new meme! Dude, you rock the wakeboard. I don’t know why – but I always think wakeboards you’re on your knees – but, duh – KNEEBOARDS!

Ever since you told me earlier in the week that you took the trailer & boat – I’ve been trying to figure out how you towed both. In my head, I see the husband lifting the boat on top of the trailer and his big truck pulling both. I watch too many cartoons, obviously. So, clue in inquiring minds…
    Elena recently posted..A Foodie’s Guide to Beating the Heat

I had a comment ready in my head, then I read Elena’s comment and now my head is spinning.

Anyway, looking forward to this link up!
    Kimberly recently posted..I Am

6. Alison
    Twitter: AlisonSWLee

Fun! And you look good on that wakeboard!

Awesome linkup. Except I don’t think people want to see pictures of us sitting at home every day……
    Alison recently posted..I Am…..A Poem

Those are great pictures. You guys are having a great summer. I had to click immediately on that link for the cake because it just sounded too good to be true.
    Barbara recently posted..Preschool

8. Maggie S.
    Twitter: AccidentalDesig

Love boating. I stay in the boat. Too many ‘wrong way to fall falls’… What’s your best sunscreen?
    Maggie S. recently posted..Writer’s Workshop: The Seven Disappointments

For me I use the Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen because I love the smell of coconuts. For the kdis I use Banana Boat although I’m trying to find some all natural sunscreen for them.

9. Erin
    Twitter: UniquelyEN

Looks like so much fun! And that cake . . . looks super yummy!
    Erin recently posted..Use Sparingly – DIY Foam Soap

10. I LOVE this link-up!! I’m in :)
    Your summer looks awesome…just like it should be.
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Today was Good…

11. angela says:

Fun stuff in your summer!

I will try some cake too, please.
    angela recently posted..A Change In Plans

12. John
    Twitter: daddyrunsalot

Looks like a blast!

I want to try wakeboarding so very badly, but I have a severe lack of a boat in my life.
    John recently posted..Where the sound of babyfeet are heard at this here blog

Oh this looks awesome!
    Love that Natalie has made this a link up.
    I kinda wish that we were going to the cottage this weekend so I could go on the boat.
    No wake boarding for me though.. no thanks LOL
    Leighann recently posted..Wait… You’ve Changed.

Looks like I need to start taking more pics…I’ve been so bad lately. So glad you guys are really enjoying the boat!
    Natalie recently posted..Wordless Wednesday-Big Shirt Style

15. Susi
    Twitter: bocafrau

Great pics. I’m impressed with your wake boarding skills… have always wanted to give it a try! Love the sound of the new meme… Getting my pics ready to go!!! Have a great weekend.
    Susi recently posted..Time for some fill ins…

16. Tracie
    Twitter: fromtracie

Great meme idea!

I’m all impressed with your water skiiing. I’ve never tried it, but it looks difficult (and fun).
    Tracie recently posted..Ten Years On Our Way To Forever

Go Ninja girl! And look at you fabulous! Love the idea of this meme. Will join you as much as I can.
    Stasha recently posted..Paint me a picture

You are such a badass.
    My spine shudders thinking of attempting that though.
    Oh and my hair :)
    Kimberly recently posted..Secret Mommy-hood Confession Saturday

19. Jen Has A Pen
    Twitter: jenrambles

How did she enjoy wake boarding? She’s a total bad ass. I think I’d be scared. :-)
    Jen Has A Pen recently posted..A Jobby Job

Looks like you rocked that wakeboard! Go Jessica!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Memories that will LAST forever and ever and ever….
    My Inner Chick recently posted..What I Will Miss & Not Miss When I Die

22. Cheryl says:

Wow, look at you and your daughter go! You look like pros!
    Cheryl recently posted..It’s just another random Friday (Friday Fragments)

23. Jen {at} take2mommy
    Twitter: take2mommy

Your photos are great! Looks like such a fun trip!
    Jen {at} take2mommy recently posted..I Am

24. Mrs. Weber

You wakeboard? You’re such a bad ass. What don’t you do?!??!

Love the Essence of Now concept – I def will join in at some point!
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..My Neighborhood: Ride around Plymouth on a Segway

I’m glad you are having such a great summer. And you’re right, that is exactly what you (we all) should be doing.

I love the new meme. Great idea.
    Tonya recently posted..Dealing With Crap

26. Michelle Griffineas says:

Great photos! Seems like the kids are actually having fun! I love to learn water sports, but my body just can’t handle it!
    Michelle Griffineas recently posted..http://www.4thebeach.com