“Two Pinkies Up” Tea Party

What’s a good way to entertain a house full of crazy kids?

Put on a tea party. Duh.

First, get a group of kids and at least one other adult (seriously, you need more than one adult).

Then, set up your tea party table including Davidson’s Tea and Donsuemor Madeleine Cookies.

Tea Party Table, How to host a tea party with Davidson's tea and Donsuemor madeline cookies

Let each person pick out what kind of Davidson’s Tea they want. The choices at my tea party were: Bing Cherry with Almond (and honey), Hibiscus Flower, and Vanilla Cream Spice. (All are organic and decaf).

tea tray, How to host a tea party with davidson's tea and donsuemor madeline cookies

After the tea is poured, then it’s time to decide what Donsuemor madeleine cookies to eat. Our choices were: Traditional, Lemon Zest, Dipped Traditional, and Dipped Chocolate.

which cookie, How to host a tea party with davidson's tea and donsuemor madeline cookies

That’s about all of the tea party that can be controlled because once the kids get their cups of tea and their madeleine cookies there’s no stopping them.

Crazy tea kids, How to host a tea party with davidson's tea and donsuemor madeline cookies

My nephew was so impressed with the Donsuemor madeleine cookies that he tried to eat all of them. Unfortunately for him, we limited his intake to 3 and he was kind enough to share with his mom.

The girls loved the Bing Cherry tea and they couldn’t pick a favorite of the madeleine cookies (which means they enjoyed all of them).

My sister and I both loved the Vanilla Cream Spice tea. The combination of all the flavors in the tea worked together perfectly and we didn’t have to add any cream or sugar. Our favorite cookies were the lemon zest madeleines which happen to be the ones that I tried last year when I made Chocolate Dipped Lemon Madeleine Cookies.

I also enjoyed the Hibiscus tea but I prefer it iced instead of hot. Not sure why, but the flavors of the hibiscus are better to me over ice.

Overall, the whole tea party was given two pinkies up by everyone in attendance.

The only other thing you need for your tea party is a photographer. But make sure you save them a cup of a tea and a madeleine cookie (or two). (This wasn’t our photographer but he was busy playing during the tea party so we saved him a cup).

I may or may not have needed one (or two) of these pomegranate margaritas after our tea party. Once you see the pictures, you will want one too.

Note, I was provided the Davidson’s Tea and the Donsuemor madeleine cookies through my friends at The Abbi Agency but I did not receive compensation. All opinions, pictures, and half of the crazy kids are my own.

54 Responses to “Two Pinkies Up” Tea Party

1. Kris
    Twitter: kmulkey007

You are such a good mom!! What a lovely tea party.
    Kris recently posted..BIN 38 Restaurant and Wine Bar Review

2. Susi
    Twitter: bocafrau

How fun. I love me some tea… I’m up for trying any tea. And tea and cookies, oh my. Looks like it was a nice party.
    Susi recently posted..My 10 Most Remembered Books

Twitter: AlisonSWLee

I so want a tea party, dude. And the madelines sound so yummy.
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..The Second Time

4. I love tea and I love tea parties. I always have a stash of tea in my pantry. Come on over sometime!
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Life’s Lessons: The Tired, Whiny Edition

I love tea! Now I just need some girls in this house that would do that with me.
    Kimberly recently posted..I Am So Much More Than That

I love tea parties!
    I can’t believe how big your sister’s yard is ;)
    Mirjam recently posted..By the river

7. Erin
    Twitter: UniquelyEN

How much fun is that?! I just love it.
    Erin recently posted..I went on a date with this guy I know

8. Oh I love a good tea party. So sweet!

9. Elizabeth
    Twitter: mommonsenseblog

We love tea parties! Just threw one on Friday with my girls and their cousins! =)
    Elizabeth recently posted..A First for Layla

Awww looks like they had so much fun! I am impressed you got the kiddos to drink tea :)
    Natalie recently posted..18 Months and Counting!

11. marie says:

Awww the picture of them all in the tree is so sweet. I am not a huge fan of tea but the vanilla cream sounds great, as do the cookies!
    marie recently posted..Carnival

So much fun! We do a fake tea party when my niece is over and all the kids love it! Maybe I need to do a real one soon. I love that their teas are organic & decaf. Great pics, too. That shot of Layla sipping her tea cup is priceless.

p.s. Can’t wait to read about the pom marg when I get home tonight. YUM!
    Elena recently posted..Adventure Boys

13. Julie says:

I have a hard time believing there was just tea in your cup, dear.

Looks like fun though!
    Julie recently posted..Monday Meals: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

14. Nicole says:

You’re such a fun mom!
    Nicole recently posted..Birthday and Earth Day and Painting the Basement

15. Abbi Whitaker says:

you are awesome!!!! looks like you guys had a great time!

16. Debra
    Twitter: theharriedmom

That looked like it was lots of fun. I’ve only ever had the imaginary kind of tea party. looking forward to when my kids would actually drink tea to have one ourselves!
    Debra recently posted..I’m Not A Barbie Girl, In The Barbie World

This was our first real tea party and the kids all had a blast. I did have to cool their tea down though before they could drink it.

17. That looks so cute! I love it. (And I did wonder what was in your cup.)
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..The Roar of Silence

18. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful}
    Twitter: SharonPfeiffer

We LOVE Davidson’s Tea … my personal favorite is the Children’s Tea! Looks like a perfect day. What a great idea!
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..Boy’s Costume Review … I’m Batman!

19. Mrs. Weber

I’m so inspired to throw a tea party now – looks like so much fun! And that tea sounds ammmmazing. Love!
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..9 Skills I Need to Master Motherhood

20. My Inner Chicki

—this may be the “sweetest’ post i’ve EVER read <3

Jessica, you are one in a million. Xx
    My Inner Chicki recently posted..How To Become A Rockstar Blogger

21. runnermom-jen says:

That looks awesome! Now i want to have a tea party! You are a good mama :)

This looks like so very much delicious fun! Love!
    Galit Breen recently posted..Walking Wishes

23. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

Oooh. Very fancy! I love the sippy cup on the table.
    Ali recently posted..An Apology Letter To My Blog

24. Carly
    Twitter: livingthescream

This looks adorable! Those Tea’s sound so good. Who does not love a good Tea party?!?
    Carly recently posted..My Pandora Predicament

I bet you can’t wait for the kids to grow up so you can have martini parties.
    Carri recently posted..If The World Didn’t Suck, Would We All Fall Off? UPDATED!

What fun! I love my pomegranate green tea. And my pinkies are always up when I drink it. Is there any other way?
    Tonya recently posted..Laughter Is My Only Good Advice

27. This looks like so much fun! What a wonderful array of treats you were sent.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..When God Needs Bubbles, JDaniel Will Send Them!