A Few More Of My Creations

After posting the star and safari quilt pictures, I’ve been busy at work on my sewing machine trying to deplete my stash of material.

Here are a few of my recent creations…

Quilt 1: Pretty In Pink

I made three of these pink/red/white heart quilts.

My aunt had started one of these quilts before she passed away so I just followed in her footsteps to finish these quilts.

One went to Layla, one I sent to my friend Kate from Mommy’s Monologues for her baby girl that is due this month (Kate even came out of blog hiding to post about her quilt), and I gave one to my local friend Roxanne (Unintentionally Brilliant) for her niece.

Quilt 2: Monster Sasa

While going through my material one day I came across some monster fabric and I knew right away who I was going to use it for.

A monster quilt can only go to a monster.

This monster quilt is probably one of my favorites and it is used every night by Blake who is the wild child of my One Martini partner in crime Carri (Mommy’s Little Monster Blake).

Quilt 3: I Spy

Quilt 3 is called an I Spy quilt and my Aunt loved making these for kids. Each piece of material is different and kids have fun identifying all the different things in each block.

This one is going to my mom’s housekeeper who is expecting a baby in the next couple months. My mom didn’t know if the baby was going to be a boy or girl so I made it gender neutral with yellow borders and the backing is orange with moons and stars.

Quilt 4: Crazy Stars

After sitting in a tub with other unfinished projects for over 5 years I figured it was time to finish this crazy star quilt. It’s a little bigger than a twin sized bed and I love all the colors on it even if none of them match the rooms in my house. I decided this quilt is one I’m keeping for myself.

Instead of machine quilting the top, I hand quilted stars all over it. It took many evenings to do all the stars but I’m happy with the finished project.

I have 5 or 6 other quilts that are in progress right now and 1,346,443 other ones to start so I’m sure you will see some more of these posts from me in the future.

Now, I need to get back to my sewing machine.

(These pictures really don’t do the quilts justice. I need find a better way to photograph them. Any ideas?)

Over at One Martini we are featuring a Blueberry Pomegranate Paradise cocktail. It’s perfect to drink while pretending you are on vacation.

77 Responses to A Few More Of My Creations

The monster LOVES his monster quilt!!! Ahem… I mean, “monster sasa”.
    Carri recently posted..How To Use Pinterest as Your Shopping Assistant

2. angela says:

They are so beautiful, honestly. People are so lucky to get something handmade like that :)
    angela recently posted..Dreaming My Own Dreams

Thank you Angela. I hope that the people receiving the blankets love them since I put so much time into them.

3. Stephanie
    Twitter: supermomboots

Those are really awesome :)

I think the best way to photograph quilts is outside. Hang them on a fence or off a laundry line.
    Stephanie recently posted..My decision regarding Pinterest TOU and how I will pin in the future

4. I like them all, but my favorite of the quilts in this post is the pink-and-white-and-red star quilt. I was planning to make a star quilt with half-square triangles, but I like your quarter-square triangle approach better.
    Christine @ Quilter’s Diary recently posted..Quilt Batting Overview

Thank you. The pink/white/red quilt is my favorite. I love the colors together and how it turned out.

5. Tammi says:

Beautiful and I Love the monster quilt!! I just started quilting and it is so much fun, hard work, but fun!
    Tammi recently posted..GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Beautiful, you! Just beautiful!

(I love how you’re tapping into your creativity in so very many ways! Soul-soothing, yes?)
    Galit Breen recently posted..Write for the Fight!

7. Bruno

You are one creative and talented mama!

Twitter: AlisonSWLee

All gorgeous. You’re so talented.

Maybe try hanging the quilts on a line to photograph in natural daylight?
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Kisses

I am going to try hanging them on the fence and using the good camera to take pictures next time instead of my cell phone. Thank you.

Those are all gorgeous! I don’t have any ideas about photographing them though. I’m still learning that myself.
    Kimberly recently posted..Calm From The Chaos

10. Impressive! I would love to channel my grandma and quilt one day.
    Christine@TheAums recently posted..One Mom’s Trash Is Her Child’s Treasure

You have some serious talent missy.
    I’m so glad that this was passed down to you!
    Kimberly recently posted..Guard Your Plants. Chunky Has A Shovel And A Vision.

Girl you have been busy! My MIL makes quilts too and always gives them as gifts. Somehow I don’t have one yet? Nolan does though! I love the monster quilt :)
    Natalie recently posted..Nursery Ideas and the Weekend

13. Aubrey Anne says:

They are so pretty! I love them!
    Aubrey Anne recently posted..A few of my favorite things: What’s in my makeup bag

14. Jackie says:

The quilts are beautiful.

You’re amazing! I can’t believe that you have time to do quilting and all the other stuff…. How??
    Jackie recently posted..Monday Menu ~ Death by Chocolate Cupcakes

I am spending less time online lately. I do most of my quilting in the evenings when watching TV. It’s relaxing to me.

15. Jen {at} take2mommy
    Twitter: take2mommy

They are gorgeous! I still can’t get over the fact that you have time to make these.
    Might you open an Etsy shop someday?
    Jen {at} take2mommy recently posted..A Movie With the Kids: Tooth Fairy 2

16. Kir
    Twitter: thekircorner

I’m blown away by your talents…wow, they are so pretty. (and I too want to know where you find the time….Jeepers Woman!)
    I bet you stitch a whole lot of LOVE into those gorgeous blankets. :)
    xo
    Kir recently posted..Let’s Start at the Very Beginning

17. I love your quilts. I Spy quilt would be perfect for car trips and nap time.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Pause Life for a Moment- Sue’s News, Views ‘n Muse

My kids love looking at the I Spy quilt and finding all the different things on it. It keeps them busy for awhile.

18. jacqui
    Twitter: chicktuition

Wow, Jessica. These are all so beautiful. You really have a talent for quilting! And it’s so generous of you to give them as gifts…I’m sure they’re all very much appreciated!
    jacqui recently posted..Chicks Don’t Like Cages…

19. Paulette
    Twitter: LittleMsP

What beautiful handiwork! They are all so beautiful! Love the I Spy quilt! Kids could have hours of fun using their imaginations with that one. =)
    Paulette recently posted..30 Topics ~ Pesky But Real Fears

20. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful}
    Twitter: SharonPfeiffer

YOU are SO talented! I can sew (a little), but I have not yet tried my hand at quilts. You have just inspired me. Maybe I will either make the handmade Christmas stockings I had planned on for last year, or I will make a quilt for our new camping trailer. Hmmmm. decisions, decisions!
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..10 Things My Kids Love About Summer

Jessica,
    You are overflowing w/ awesomeness :)

Fabulous Work, Girl Xx
    My Inner Chick recently posted..Oh My Gaga

I love all your quilting talents! The crazy stars one is so darn cute! I hadn’t seen that one yet. Love them all. I’m excited to see what Hayley’s pink ribbon one turns out like soon.
    Elena recently posted..How Did This Happen? The Berenstein Bears Edition.

I have a plan for Hayley’s pink ribbon quilt but I have a few baby ones to finish first. I’m going to make your boys each a quilt too but I haven’t found the right material for them yet.

23. You do beautiful work!!! I love them! I’m glad to hear you kept one for yourself…you deserve it :)
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Happy Birthday, Dad

24. Ado says:

Wow – you are amazingly talented. These are *beautiful* works of art. What a wonderful hobby/handicraft/art!
    Ado recently posted..Other People’s Parenting

25. Love these! But not as much as I love Baby Track’s!
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..On Breastfeeding

26. I am having serious quilt envy. I so admire this wonderful talent of yours, the quilts are absolutely beautiful and the fact that they were made with love is just wonderful. I still have hope that in the future I will learn to quilt. You are amazing!

27. Emmy
    Twitter: Emmymom2

Look at you! Those are all awesome! I am very impressed. I am not a sewer or quilter so really impressed. I am sure everyone will love them
    Emmy recently posted..Pinerly and Randomness

I love them all! Just seeing these gives me so many ideas, I wish I could do that. I especially love the I spy quilt, my kids love books were they have to look for different items.
    Big objects are always hard to photograph, try not to flash and, and try different angles to see what the light does. I like to use natural light, so I pick a spot in my house where there is enough daylight coming in.
    Mirjam recently posted..Choices

I don’t have a lot of natural light in my house so I’m going to try hanging the quilts on a fence and using my good camera to take pictures of them instead of my cell phone. Thank you for the tips and the compliments.

29. Elizabeth
    Twitter: mommonsenseblog

You are a machine! How do you find the time?! They are all beautiful, Jessica. And I love the idea of the “I Spy” quilt…totally pinning it! My sister-in-law just recently got into quilting and I think she would love to make one like that.
    So impressed!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Wordless(ish) Wednesday: What’s That Coming Down the Street?

30. Elizabeth
    Twitter: mommonsenseblog

Having an issue pinning…not sure if it’s a Pinterest issue or what. Will try again later! =)

31. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

Those are incredible!!! Where are you finding all the time for that? I love it!
    Ali recently posted..WTF Wednesday – The "Clearing Out the Baby Stuff Sucks" Edition

32. Jessica
    Twitter: Spitupchronicle

Wow, your so talented! Ive been toying with the idea of learning how to quilt, but Im not sure if its for me or not. I have very limited sewing experience.
    Jessica recently posted..Mama’s Got A New Attitude

33. Jennifer
    Twitter: jlweinberg

Oh my goodness, I love your quilts! They are all wonderful. Can someone who doesn’t know how to sew learn to quilt?
    Jennifer recently posted..Signed, Sealed, Delivered

You would learn to sew and quilt at the same time. I’m teaching my 8 year old and she is getting the hang of it for the most part.

34. Shell says:

These are so gorgeous! I wish I knew how to do this.
    Shell recently posted..Pour Your Heart Out: Second Anniversary

Each one is more wonderful than the last! You are such a talented quilter. I don’t think I could use one, I’d have to hang it on the wall.
    Tonya recently posted..A Letter To Things I Can’t See

The quilt shown in this post I actually made to hang on the wall but as you can see the kids like to use it instead.

36. Seriously?? Seriously. You are incredibly talented.
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..PYHO: Use Your Words

37. Mrs. Weber

Yup, these are AMAZING! I can’t believe how talented you are between quilting, martinis and blogging. How do you have time for a hubby and kids?! ;)
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..Disney on Ice presents Treasure Trove

You are so amazingly talented!
    Barbara recently posted..Mommy style

39. Matt says:

Just happen to find your site through andthenKate.com

First off, love the quilts. It reminds me of the type that my grandmother use to make. I love the sense of humor you put in them.

As for the photo question: It looks like you’re photographing them indoors and the artificial light is not doing the colors or the patterns justice.

I suggest that, when it comes time to take that photo, hang the quilt on a clothesline or over a chair outdoors. Don’t take the photo in direct sunlight, because it will be to harsh, but a place that is bright will make the quilt standout.

Goodluck and can’t wait to see some of your other work!