Trying To Tame The Beast

Not only is Layla a wild child in her actions, but her hair has also been uncontrollable since the day she was born.

I tried many different techniques to tame the wild beast that lives on top of her head.

Clearly, I’m not done yet.

60 Responses to Trying To Tame The Beast

1. Jessica@Team Rasler
    Twitter: teamrasler

Ha! Love it. People used to tell me that having boys meant I would have it easier with their hair. Maybe, but I know some boys with wild hair and Layla’s certainly was even when short. I like the mohawk the best. ; )
    Jessica@Team Rasler recently posted..Oh, to be a kid again

Hee! Love this, so much!

(Chloe’s hair stood straight up for her first four months, a true sign to her personality which incidentally, I so love!)
    Galit Breen recently posted..Cleaning Tips for Busy Parents

My family always made fun of me for putting products in my kid’s hair, but theirs were also untame beasts.
    Kimberly recently posted..Please Don’t Force Me

4. Abigail
    Twitter: skywaitress

Oh man those pictures are so excellent. I needed a smile, thank you.
    Abigail recently posted..Fragile

5. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful}
    Twitter: SharonPfeiffer

I love it! My oldest son’s hair stood STRAIGHT up from the time he was 5 months old until it finally got long enough to lay down. Now, it is thick, coarse, and if I let it get even a little too long, BUSHY. Not a good look!

I love your pics, what a cutie!
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..Wordful Wednesday: Reading with Daddy

Twitter: AlisonSWLee

OMG she’s so cute!!!

I admit, I love wild hair on children. I really hoped Monkey would have curls, but alas, he has my straight hair.
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Why My Toddler Is Awesome

H had curls until her first hair cut and now her hair is straight. L has a tiny bit of curls at the bottom of her hair but I’m sure they won’t last either.

Just like my Abigail!!
    It’s so funny, even the hair on the baby pictures looks the same (She didn’t have curls back then.)
    I have given up..
    Mirjam recently posted..Second glance

8. What a wonderful picture! You have to love hair that floats in mid-air.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Removing Weeds By the Roots

9. Elizabeth
    Twitter: mommonsenseblog

When my Kenley was younger her hair stuck straight up like a porcupine. It was rather comical! It’s better, but still quite unruly…like her personality. =)
    Love the photos!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Sisterly Love

10. Kir
    Twitter: thekircorner

Oh my goodness…she is sooooo beautiful , she just makes me giggle. Her hair is wild just like her and I like that about her….having a mind of her own.
    Kir recently posted..In the Spotlight & Capturing Memories

11. Kate
    Twitter: andthenkate

Eh, wild hair, schmild hair. When you’ve got a face as cute as that, neat hair is a minor concern.
    Kate recently posted..This post seemed to need a super sexy title, so I decided to go with “Dispatches from Fatty Pregnancyland.”

Oh man, you don’t even know how much I needed this post today.
    How scrumptious.
    We used to joke about Chunky’s hair. He had the best combover.

Oh my but she is so cute! I love the Pebbles ponytail the best. For some reason you weren’t popping p on my reader anymore. I thought it was strange that you hadn’t posted in so long. ;)
    Barbara recently posted..Mommy style

I wonder if it’s because you were subscribed via Google Friend Connect. They discontinued that for WordPress blogs March 1st so any new WP posts won’t show up in your reader if you used GFC for them.

14. Nicole says:

I love that picture of her little tiny ponytail in the shape of a V!

15. Aubrey Anne says:

Haha, I have a kid whose hair has always been out of control. Love this post!
    Aubrey Anne recently posted..Current musical obsession

16. Tammi says:

At least she makes messy hair look good, she is too cute!
    Tammi recently posted..For the one who takes my breath way!

17. Angela says:

Abbey had a crazy baby spike, too :)

18. Jessica says:

Oh, I love that last picture! She’s such a cutie! Her hair has personality, and personality is good, right? Right? lol.

Ha ha it does match her little spunky personality!
    Natalie recently posted..Spring is HERE! Or Should We Call It Summer Already?

20. So perfect. I love her. She’s awesome.
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Just My Little Boy

21. Greta
    Twitter: gfunkified

Oh, she is too cute! My daughter had a mohawk for a while (completely natural) and it was adorable.
    Greta recently posted..Where Did My Baby Go? #iPPP

Ha ha, that’s so cute. Little H’s hair is crazy looking in the morning. All those curls turn into an afro!
    Bruna recently posted..old friends, new friends, true friends

The pigtails are so adorable. I keep going back to look at how cute she is.
    So Stinkin cute!
    Leighann recently posted..Her Survival

24. Hahaha! Her hair does have a mind of it’s own!
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Life’s Lessons: Blogging is Good For You

25. Oh, but what an adorable beast she is! ;)
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..The Easy Run

26. Bonnie Way
    Twitter: KoalaBearWriter

Those are adorable pictures!!! My girls don’t keep hair bows or barettes in. Sometimes they’ll wear hats. They are just starting to let me do their hair – maybe it helps that there is two of them so if one wants her hair styled, then the other does too. :)
    Bonnie Way recently posted..Memories Captured

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And that’s why I shave Blake’s head.
    Carri recently posted..How Pinterest Made My St. Paddy’s Day Awesome

28. John
    Twitter: daddyrunsalot

My Leila can give her a run for her money — what I love is when we manage to get her to keep pigtails in all day long . . . and then take them out . . . there’s this wavy mess that is just spectacular.

Nevermind her bedhead, which is a beast unto itself.
    John recently posted..Where I share some insight on making marriage successful

Bedhead is always something crazy. I think my kid gets it from her grandma. Either way, it’s challenging.

Oh my gosh…I love her and her crazy hair! The pigtails on top of her head are classic!
    Elena recently posted..Getting My Facial On

These pictures made me laugh out loud! So cute.
    Tonya recently posted..My Body