My Life Changed, For Logistical Reasons

It was either February or March.

The date on the calendar is a blur but the details are not.

We talked of health insurance, bills, and other important matters.

We were still adjusting to life together in our new house in Sparks, Nevada.

The subject of marriage came up.

For “logistical” reasons.

(No, I was not pregnant).

We agreed it would be best.

There was no ring or bended knee.

Just words.

Words that changed our lives.

It’s been 5 years now since we talked of marriage.

I wouldn’t change a thing.

76 Responses to My Life Changed, For Logistical Reasons

1. Leigh Ann
    Twitter: latorres

Happy anniversary! What sweet photos. It doesn’t have to be all sunshine, roses, and bended knee for it to be right.
    Leigh Ann recently posted..I got your back, Twilight Sparkle

Twitter: AlisonSWLee

Happy Anniversary!!!

We decided on the date we’d get our marriage registered, after checking my busy work schedule and whether I could take time off to travel to Australia.

It’s not always about the ended knee, the ring, the romance. Sometimes, it IS about the logistics.

And look at how far you’ve come :)
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Why My Toddler Is Awesome

Logistics worked out in our favor for this which I’m sure made my supply chain husband very happy. ;)

3. What a beautiful picture of you two! Swoon!
    Christine@TheAums recently posted..The Curiosity Cycle – A Book Review

4. Aw, love this, Jess!! You two make a gorgeous couple!
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..The Easy Run

Happy anniversary, stunning you!
    Galit Breen recently posted..Cleaning Tips for Busy Parents

6. marie says:

I just have to say you look so beautiful in both of those pictures. Like truly glowing from happiness on the inside that it manifests itself all over your face beautiful. Happy Anniversary.
    marie recently posted..Just like my kids

Happy Anniversary! It’s not always about the romance and bended knee. It’s that other “real” stuff that matters.
    Kimberly recently posted..Just Me and My Baby

Happy Anniversary! Marriage is great. I really think it’s the best way to live:)
    Bridget recently posted..Getting Snipped

9. Maggie S. says:

Congratulations. An anniversary is a thing to be proud of. May your love always be bigger than the logistics.
    Maggie S. recently posted..Spring Break ’12

Thank you Maggie. The logistics helped us decide to get married but it’s not the reason we have lasted through the years.

10. Jackie says:

Happy anniversary!! We’re celebrating our 5th anniversary this year too!
    I hope that you have many, many happy years together!
    Jackie recently posted..Random Thoughts for Wednesday

11. Denise
    Twitter: acctodenise

Happy Anniversary! There is no need for flash, just love :)
    Denise recently posted..Stress is no fun

12. Kir
    Twitter: thekircorner

Happy Happy Anniversary you two crazy kids!! Look at how happy and beautiful you looked and still do!

Someday I’ll tell you the story of my own engagement …and how I wish I could go back andnot be such a goof about it. Logical reasons are just as good as romantic ones and just as special!

Xo
    Kir recently posted..Proud Mommy Moments: Rach from Life Ever Since is Visiting

13. Karin @Mommy's Paradise
    Twitter: mommysparadise

Happy Anniversary! It’s not all about the romance, it’s about the reason behind, the lasting love, isn’t it? I wish the two of you many many many and more years to come as a married couple.
    Karin @Mommy’s Paradise recently posted..This is the way we spend the day … (Memories Captured)

Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding picture. You two are gorgeous together.
    Barbara recently posted..Paris in the Springtime

15. Jessica@Team Rasler
    Twitter: teamrasler

Happy anniversary! It’s crazy how much can change in just five years…and how much stays the same. That second picture is absolutely gorgeous.
    Jessica@Team Rasler recently posted..A little help from my friends?

16. Amanda Austin

Look at that gorgeous bride :) We started talking marriage way soon after we started dating, but it was another year till he popped the question. Life changing convos for sure!
    Amanda Austin recently posted..T-R-O-U-B-L-E

It didn’t take us long to start talking about marriage or to actually get married but I guess when you know, you know.

You two are absolutely beautiful.
    I mean…you’re beautiful and he’s handsome…my husband would get mad if I said beautiful. He’s a knob like that. But I love him.
    Happy Anniversary
    xoox
    Kimberly recently posted..Hold Tightly

Ha! I think we should start calling guys beautiful instead of handsome and see how they react. It would be a fun experiment.

18. Jennifer
    Twitter: jlweinberg

Happy Anniversary! You’ve got the real thing, and that surpasses bended knees :)
    Jennifer recently posted..Thoughts On Forming A Writer’s Group

19. John
    Twitter: daddyrunsalot

Happy Anniversary! My proposal was just a really sweet “you mean the world to me” type speech, that I decided that I needed to give before we moved to her hometown, where we’d be living, together. I did it after brushing my teeth, before bed.
    John recently posted..Where I share some insight on making marriage successful

20. Mad Woman behind the Blog
    Twitter: madwomandiary

Oh happiest of days to you both! Congrats.

My husband’s proposal: in the Walmart parking lot with $10 rings we bought 2 days before a civil ceremony at City Hall. It came after I said, “its funny, we’re getting married in 2 days and you never proposed.” It wasn’t funny….then.

But your happy faces today, MADE my day.

21. Nicole says:

Happy anniversary – what a gorgeous bride!
    Nicole recently posted..The Tin Anniversary

22. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

Hubba hubba! I want to see more wedding pictures. Happy 5-year-talking-about-getting-married Anniversary!
    Ali recently posted..WTF Wednesday – The "Blades of Glory" Edition

Maybe one day I’ll share more wedding pictures. We didn’t hire a professional photographer but John’s uncle had a camera so he played the part (for free).

Aaaaw happy anniversary! The two of you seem to be perfect for each other..
    Mirjam recently posted..Sunshine

—****Happy Anniversary***

Oh, My,

You are both gorgeous !!!
    My Inner Chick recently posted..651 Days

25. Robin | Farewell, Stranger

Happy Anniversary! I love those photos – both of them. The first is so cute – I love the smiles – and the wedding picture is just stunning.
    Robin | Farewell, Stranger recently posted..Let’s Go Fly a Kite

Happy Anniversary! I want to see a FULL picture of your dress, though! :)
    Carri recently posted..How Pinterest Made My St. Paddy’s Day Awesome

Happy {Belated}Anniversary to you both! I’m so sorry I missed this earlier this week. You guys look awesome all decked out in wedding wear!
    Elena recently posted..Getting My Facial On

28. By Word of Mouth Musings
    Twitter: ByWordsMusings

hey, i want to see the BIG picture!!!
    By Word of Mouth Musings recently posted..Udi’s Girls’ Night

Logistical or not, it’s a day to remember and celebrate in a big way! All the best. xoxo
    Tonya recently posted..My Body

30. I can’t imagine how anything else can possibly be any sweeter than that! Marriage proposals are all about sincerity, even without all the shebang. Congrats and more years together for you and your hubby.
    The Pepperrific Life recently posted..Wishing For Baby #2…

Awww Happy Anniversary to you guys! Simple is the best way :)
    Natalie recently posted..Spring is HERE! Or Should We Call It Summer Already?

32. Practical Parenting
    Twitter: katiefhurley

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! It doesn’t matter how it happens, as long as it leads to happiness :)
    Practical Parenting recently posted..Project Happy Week 12

33. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful}
    Twitter: SharonPfeiffer

What a gorgeous couple! You two look so happy, it seems to have worked out just the way it was supposed to.

I’ve learned, it’s not always about the magic words and teary eyes. The end result is the same, and it sounds like you’re right where you should be!
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..Monday Listicles

Happy anniversary!! We got hitched much the same. You make a beautiful bride Jessica!!
    Stasha recently posted..Monday Listicles

35. XLMIC says:

Belated happy anniversary! You two are adorable together…then and now :) You are so pretty!
    XLMIC recently posted..2012 Oakland Running Festival Marathon Relay Recap

36. Yay! Happy Anniversary. I love the story. It’s so perfect for your both.
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..A Rainy Day at Sea World