Hey Girl…The #Blissdom 2012 Experience

As most of you know already I went to Blissdom 2012 in Nashville over this past weekend.

I had different expectations for the conference thanks to my experience at BlogHer11.

I went into the conference expecting to meet my online friends, maybe learn a thing or two at the sessions, and to have fun.

Clearly I mustache had some fun.

My roommates Carri (Mommy’s Little Monster Blake) and Kimsley (Mama’s Monologues) were awesome and I hung out with the them the whole time.

Carri, Kim, Jess, Bloggers at Blissdom conference

Some of the other bloggers I hung out with were:

Shell (Things I Can’t Say) and Ashley (My Front Porch Swing). Shell and I figured out the right way to listen to Joe Jonas. Seriously, why the eff was Joe Jonas performing at Blissdom?

Robin (Farewell Stranger), Angela (Tread Softly) and Dana (Really, What Were We Thinking) while at The Lorax party.

Nicole (By Word of Mouth Musing) who has a cute accent and will make you smile when she talks even if she is cussing.

Natalie (Mama Track) who brought Baby Track with her and of course I was the first one to hold her. I was also working on teaching her The Twitter. It’s best to get them started early.

Gigi (Kludgy Mom), Natalie (Mommy of a Monster) and Julie (Dutch Being Me).

Also, don’t miss the video of me dancing on stage that Gigi recorded. There was also planking on stage during karaoke that I was involved in and Kimsley caught on camera.

I didn’t get as many business cards or network with as many new people as I did at BlogHer which is okay. I was much more relaxed at Blissdom. I didn’t worry about getting dressed up in the evenings or what parties I was going to attend.

I attended 3 sessions total. 2 on writing and 1 on likeability (do you all like me more now?). I can’t say I learned a lot from the sessions but they did push me to finally start working on redesigning my blog like I have been wanting to for awhile.

I also learned that Central time is not for me. I missed breakfast both days and the opening keynote because I am not good at waking up early. 8am CST is 6am PST…yeah, no thanks.

And here’s a short video of Baby Track dancing and cheers from one of our happy hour bar sessions. I was always on time for happy hour.

Overall I am very happy I attended Blissdom.

Now it’s time to start planning BBC Vegas in October. Vegas Baby!

86 Responses to Hey Girl…The #Blissdom 2012 Experience

Love it! The video of you dancing on stage is classic. I also think I’m in love with BabyTrack. I’m so glad you had a better experience this time than after BlogHer and that it was more relaxing for you. And? VEGAS BABY! I will not be missing this one. I need to see your moves in person.
    Elena recently posted..The Things I Do In Paper Form

2. I LOVE this! It’s awesome. Great write up. And fun video….
    Natalie @MamaTrack recently posted..Crows and Babies

3. By Word of Mouth Musings
    Twitter: ByWordsMusings

and yes, I heart you so very,very much .
    You are darling and a sweetheart and extremely likeable …

I think I will put up a Find Your Bliss link up this weekend!
    (a meme, no not really … never, never again right)
    By Word of Mouth Musings recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Bliss!

4. Great pictures. I love the mustache one. Glad you all had fun!

5. Elaine

I’m glad to you had a fun and relaxed time. Love all the pics and smiling faces. :)
    Elaine recently posted..Proof my kids play other things besides Angry Birds

I’m sad I didn’t get a picture with Flat Elaine but at least at BlogHer I had a picture with the real you.

6. Poppy
    Twitter: funnyorsnot

I enjoyed your Blissdom tweets. It made me wonder why I didn’t see more of you during Blogher, I guess you were busy networking and I was busy ditching class :) You need to put a caption on your Joe Jonas picture so I can pin it — classic!
    Poppy recently posted..How To Make Yogurt: A Tutorial

I had so much fun with you this weekend!

I’m glad it was a better experience than last year at BlogHer. This conference definitely had a laid back, relaxing feel to it. (Or maybe that was just because we ditched classes to go to the bar or sleep in? Oh well.)

Hey girl…. VEGAS BABY!!!
    Kimberly recently posted..Blissdom 2012

8. Robin | Farewell, Stranger

Dreadful picture of me. Thanks for sharing it. :P

I’m glad you had fun, and it was great to see you. You were definitely relaxed, which is great. And that mustache photo and caption still cracks me up.
    Robin | Farewell, Stranger recently posted..Blissdom Travel in Pictures

Twitter: AlisonSWLee

Sounds like so much fun! And thank you for including Flat Alison, I trust she had a blast :)

Aw, Baby Track is adorable!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Outside Looking In

Glad you had a better experience than BlogHer. I’m enjoying everyone’s recaps very much but I’m wondering if anyone learned anything worth sharing from the sessions and it doesn’t seem like it. That’s too bad.
    Tonya recently posted..Dear Mom

I did learn a few things at the sessions and I sent out many tweets with info while I was in the sessions. I haven’t looked back through my notes since I’ve been home but if I get them typed up I’ll share.

That looks like it was so SO so much fun. Gah I wished that I would have went…but then there was that whole “oh yea, I don’t have a job and it’ll cost me 234729374 million canadian dollars to travel to Nashville…”
    Crapola
    One day.
    one.
    day ;)
    PS how cute are all of you?
    Kimberly recently posted..The Kid Who Won’t Quit

12. Dr. G
    Twitter: AskDocG

I’m so glad to have met you, and your tweeps. What an awesome group of women! Glad nobody needed the medicines I brought. Except for the Muppet bandaids of course.

I almost needed the Tylenol but Kimsley had some for me. It was nice to hang out with you even if you could barely talk.

What a great post. It looks like you had a great time!! I am only a little jealous.
    Barbara recently posted..Self-Righteous Mother

14. Not getting dressed up to go out? That would be me. Although I wouldn’t miss breakfast. So fun to be with friends and have a good time, looks like you all know how to party, great video.
    Marie@feedingfive recently posted..Opposites Attract

The breakfast there was buffet style which I don’t like so missing it wasn’t a big deal. Instead I went to the cafes there and ate. It was pricey but much better in my opinion.

I’m so glad you had a great time. I’m sure it was fun meeting your online friends in real life!
    Natalie recently posted..Wordless Wednesday-Just a Swingin’

So glad you had fun!
    Sounds like it was a blast

17. Shell says:

So glad we got to meet!

I’m still trying to figure out the Jonas thing.

I took a more relaxed approach to Blissdom this year than I did last. I still feel like I got to talk to a lot of people, but I wasn’t as stressed about it.

I never did get to hold the adorable Baby Track. I started drinking too early in teh day for that. ;)
    Shell recently posted..Pour Your Heart Out: The Positive over the Negative

Awe man it looks like a good time was had by all. I’ll def have to check it out next year. And Vegas? I just might see you there!
    Eve recently posted..When a Toddler Learns Cause and Effect

19. Mad Woman behind the Blog
    Twitter: madwomandiary

Great post!
    I am so jealous of your time with the gals and getting to hold Baby Track.
    Love Gigi’s video.
    And YEAH! VEGAS BABY!

HEEEEEEEYYY GIRRLLLL!!! This weekend was so much fun! And yeah… I didn’t learn a thing.

21. Teresa
    Twitter: TeresaThinks

That looks like so much fun! One day I hope to meet other bloggers!!
    Teresa recently posted..fear and faith (pouring my heart out)

I hope you get to meet other bloggers one day. It’s great to take online relationships out of the computer.

22. You are adorable and I am not sure it would be possible for me to like you more…
    YOU should teach the likability course.

Next year.
    Xo
    julie gardner recently posted..Today call me renamed

According to some I’m not very likeable. Maybe it’s because they didn’t offer me martinis….

23. Kristy @PampersandPinot
    Twitter: PampersandPinot

Looks like it was a blast – so cool to get to hang out with other bloggers. And, yes, down with Joe Jonas!
    Kristy @PampersandPinot recently posted..Wine a Bit. You’ll Feel Better.

24. Kelly Tirman
    Twitter: kellytirman

I very much enjoyed seeing your updates while you were at Blissdom – glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Kelly Tirman recently posted..Linden Estelle is Seven Months Old

25. Ashley {at} My Front Porch Swing
    Twitter: AshleyNAbele

I love this recap! You know, it’s always interesting going to different conferences. I know we had the conversation about expectations, and it really is so true.

I’m so lost on the Joe Jonas thing. Didn’t get it..
    Ashley {at} My Front Porch Swing recently posted..Hard Lessons: Learning how to not disappoint… me

I had much different expectations this time and I had a great time. It was very nice to meet you while we were there.

It sounds like you all had a great time!
    Thank you for making me join a little bit in the fun.
    Mirjam recently posted..11 questions

27. angela says:

Heeeeyyyy Girl,

I loved the relaxed vibe of Blissdom, even if I did insist on sparkly clothes :) You made my first conference pretty amazing, so thank you :)
    angela recently posted..A Few Steps Behind

You were very pretty in your sparkly clothes. I still can’t believe you stayed up so late and got up so early in the mornings. You are a true rock star.

28. Natalie says:

She caught the planking??! I so need to go watch that video!

I liked Blissdom MUCH more than Blogher and can’t wait to go again next year…but in the meantime, I see more dirty martinis in our future in Vegas, baby!!

xoxxoxo
    Natalie recently posted..My First Blissdom Experience: Blissdom 2012

Ahhhh, SOooo MUCH FUN.

I can’t wait to go to a conference like this!

Super Photos, Jessica. :))))

Thanx.
    My Inner Chick recently posted..Don’t Stop Believing

30. Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful}
    Twitter: SharonPfeiffer

Love the pics, and so glad you had a more relaxing time than at Blogher. It is important to have fun!!

I was thinking that BBC in Vegas would be a great first conference for me.

So glad to hear you’re planning on going!
    Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} recently posted..Take A Leap Around The Blogosphere {Ten Facts About Me}

BBC sounds like a great first conference because it’s small and they make sure that everyone meets. Also it’s in Vegas!

I’m so glad that you had so much fun, Jess! Love the recap!
    Galit Breen recently posted..Easy

32. It sounds like it was great girls weekend with a fun conference on the side.
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Opening My Heart to Motherhood

33. Sarah
    Twitter: MamaRiceCake

Laid back and NOT dressing up… that sounds like the conference for me! woohoo!
    I’m so glad that you had such a great time! YAY!
    Sarah recently posted..Sunday Funday #22

Aw, it looks like you had so much fun. Loved seeing pics of you and Carri and Kim and Mama Track and baby …etc. Love them!
    Bruna recently posted..summer girl by heart

35. Carla Kidwell
    Twitter: kidwellc

Very cute. I had a good time at BlissDom too.

36. So fun!! I want to go next time :)

What I love about you is the honesty. I would happily attend all these conferences if I could but it is the socializing that is my main drive too. I just love looking at your happy photos, clearly a success!!
    Stasha recently posted..Something is fishy

Socializing with blogging buddies in real life is so much fun. Hopefully one day I can have a drink with you (while we also eat chocolate).

I definitely like you more now…which is really saying something since I liked you so much before:)
    Bridget recently posted..Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

39. Practical Parenting
    Twitter: katiefhurley

I can’t wait to see your new design…and hopefully to meet you one of these days :)
    Practical Parenting recently posted..Practical Moms Feature: These Little Waves

40. Kelly
    Twitter: kpugs

So glad you had a good time!! Loved all your pics…so much fun!
    Kelly recently posted..Finding Comfort in Words & Food

41. Sounds like your experience this time was much more positive. I’m encouraged about Blissdom. Maybe someday.
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Monday Listicles: *Shocker* I’m Not Perfect