Kauai In Pictures

We are back from our fabulous trip to Kauai and instead of telling you all about it I’m just going to photobomb you with some unshared pictures.

This picture of the chicken (which are everywhere in Kauai) is for my friend Elena to go along with the Hello, Elena series of chicken pictures from Carri.

Last but not least, if you haven’t already seen this picture on Instagram or Twitter here is my latest ink that I got on our last night in Kauai. This makes my 5th tattoo (Hayley’s name is on the other side of my ankle with different flowers).

It was a great 7 days. I’ve got a few more pictures to share of me with my newest travel accessory which will probably be posted sometime next week.

Over at One Martini at a Time we are featuring a Lemon Cosmopolitan Recipe that is easy to make and can serve a crowd.

95 Responses to Kauai In Pictures

1. Dana K
    Twitter: TheDanaK

Beautiful!

It’s amazing where you’ll find chickens just hanging out…like Key West. Kauai.

Nice tat! Do you have pics of your others?
    Dana K recently posted..Review: Virginia Living Museum #HRVA

I posted a picture a few months back of my Grateful Dead turtle tattoo but that’s it. The rest are still a mystery to my online friends. ;)

Twitter: AlisonSWLee

I want to go to Kauai!!

Nice ink!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Guest Star: Tonya of Letters For Lucas

3. Greta
    Twitter: gfunkified

Oh, it looks gorgeous there. I hope I can go someday! And how much fun is it that you got a new tattoo on your vacation?!
    Greta recently posted..#MondayListicles: Worry Wart

Yessssssssssssss! I love the cock.
    Carri recently posted..Instagram is My Crack

5. angela says:

So gorgeous! I’m glad you had such a fun time (and got such a memorable souvenier!)

6. By Word of Mouth Musings
    Twitter: ByWordsMusings

Just gorgeous … and another techy thing … thought you had run out of things to buy made by that little Apple company ;)
    By Word of Mouth Musings recently posted..Wordy Wordless Wednesday – Would YOU know YOU?

Oh the fun and the sun and the fabulous tattoo! It was wonderful, yes? So happy for the two of you! {And welcome home!}
    Galit Breen recently posted..Once Upon A Time

8. MamaTrack
    Twitter: MamaTrack

Looks like you had a great time. I haven’t been to Hawaii in years. And I need a vacation. I’m feeling inspired.
    MamaTrack recently posted..Eight Weeks

9. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Totally jealous. I hope to make it there sometime in my life *sigh*
    Ali recently posted..Random Ali Facts – Round 2

Gorgeous photos! This is definitely going to make me want to go away. And get another tattoo. ;)
    Kimberly recently posted..Dreams Come True

11. Amanda
    Twitter: Lilahbility

Great tattoo, and I love the sunrise/sunset photos. Oh, I can’t WAIT to go back to Hawaii… which will probably won’t be till 2015, at this rate! For now, I live vicariously through your photos…
    Amanda recently posted..Anxious? Who, me?

12. Those are gorgeous pics and I’m insanely jealous!
    Rach (DonutsMama) recently posted..Back in the Kitchen: Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy

13. Sarcasm Goddess
    Twitter: sarcasmgoddess

Looks like you a had a beautiful trip!
    Sarcasm Goddess recently posted..Before I Die…

Oh wow, I want to go there some day, ofcourse it will be a 47 hour flight for me, but still..I wanna go!
    Mirjam recently posted..Listen

15. Jessica says:

I love these pictures! I WANT to go on a vacation Kauai! *sigh. I guess I’ll just have to vicariously live through your pictures for now. ;(
    Jessica recently posted..About that quote in the mirror|On birthdays

16. Jessica says:

I left out a “to” in my last comment. Sorry.
    Jessica recently posted..About that quote in the mirror|On birthdays

17. Jackie says:

Between these and the ones I saw on Instagram it looks like an amazing vacation. And I love the new tattoo! Beautiful work!

What an awesome trip. I’m so glad you guys had a fabulous time. Kauai is on my bucket list of places to travel for sure. But, now that I hear they have chickens everywhere, I may have to reconsider. ;) Maui didn’t have chickens. Maybe I should just stick to that island.
    Elena recently posted..The Family That Dances Together…

19. RachelJoy says:

beautiful pictures…I just love living near the water, getting to enjoy views like these makes everyday is such a treat. glad you had fun…nice tat!
    RachelJoy recently posted..Golden Moments with Photobooth Action

That is my favourite place in the world.
    Ps. Thanks for getting a chicken pic for me ;)
    Kimberly recently posted..And The Cows Rejoiced For This Is The Day A Child Was Born

21. John
    Twitter: daddyrunsalot

It looks like a truly marvelous trip — those pictures are breathtaking.

And hooray for new ink!
    John recently posted..Where the topics I write about range from bacon to zombies to Strawberry Shortcake.

22. Maureen | Tatter Scoops
    Twitter: tatterscoops

Oooh my jealousy meter went up high lol. Beautiful pictures, Jessica. Those views are to die for. This is coming from someone living in a concrete jungle :D
    Maureen | Tatter Scoops recently posted..Walk At Your Own Risk!

You’ve just made me severely jealous! I loved the time we spent in Hawaii 4 years ago. It’s such a beautiful place. Love all the photos!
    Natalie recently posted..Here We Go–The First Recipes!

There is nothing like a Hawaiian sunset.

Love the photos and the new ink!
    Tonya recently posted..Dancing In My Heart

25. Mad Woman behind the Blog
    Twitter: madwomandiary

Love, love, love love love.
    And the ink, sigh. LOVE.
    Can’t wait to see more!

BTW, you should have snuck that cock home with you…that and some local grown feed. I hear they drop AMAZING eggs. (the DH has a cousin who is an organic farmer on one of the islands. her eggs sell for $8 a dozen!)

$8 a dozen? Damn, I wish I would have known that ahead of time. We would have snuck home a bunch of those damn cocks.

Those pictures are amazing and the tattoo look great!
    Barbara recently posted..Noah One Month

27. SassyB says:

Ahhh…Hawaii, no matter what island makes me wistful. I am so glad you had such a great trip and came back with a tattoo reminder. I love it btw! I have not been to Kauai but your pictures solidified my desire. I have been to Maui x2 and Oahu x1 and am dreaming of going back. Would love to see more pictures!
    SassyB recently posted..What’s Your Code?

Kauai was very relaxing which is why we decided to go there. Everything shuts down around 9pm so I’ve heard it’s a lot different than Maui and Oahu.

28. What a truly wonderful trip you had! I loved getting to see your pictures!
    JDaniel4s Mom recently posted..Just Looking at Pinterest Can Lead to Coveting

29. Elaine

You MUST frame or get a canvas of that 2nd one – LOVE it! And that rainbow over the waterfall, just amazing!!! So glad you have these gorgeous photos and memories. :)
    Elaine recently posted..Thank goodness I have LOTS of photos…

30. Stunning!!! Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, it even smells great! So glad you saw so many beautiful sights and were able to enjoy it all with your man. Welcome home.
    Marie@feedingfive recently posted..Being a Grown Up

31. Gina says:

Seriously- one of my favorite places on earth!!! You captured it beautifully & awesome ink my friend. I have been wanting to add some myself- just always seems to be a new lens I want more these days :)
    Gina recently posted..What You Find at 2 a.m.

I’ve had this tattoo on my list to do since my youngest was born almost 3 years ago but it was hard to put the money towards the tattoo instead of something else and to have time to get it without the kids around. Vacation was the perfect time.

Love the tatoo! Looks like you had a super nice vacation :)
    Bruna recently posted..photo shoot + models + scarves

33. Wonderful pictures!! It looks like you had a great time!!!
    Happy belated birthday :)
    Runnermom-jen recently posted..Happy Birthday, Anna

Great pictures! It seems like you had a great time, you deserved it!
    Bridget recently posted..A Rare Tarynism

35. Helene
    Twitter: h

Such gorgeous pics!!! I went to Kauai a long time ago and I’d love to go back some time. Such a beautiful island!!!!
    Helene recently posted..I don’t even know where to start….

36. Surferwife
    Twitter: surferwife

I haven’t been to Kauai since I was 7. *sigh* I need to get my ass there soon. These pictures are killing me.
    Surferwife recently posted..Thank you for contacting DHL

Yes you do need to get your ass back there and then I can be jealous of your pictures. But you would have to promise to send me pictures of any drinks you have.

37. Jess
    Twitter: jessesco

Beautiful! And such a great tattoo!

38. Kristy @PampersandPinot
    Twitter: PampersandPinot

I love that picture of that chicken! A chicken on the beach. Ha!
    Kristy @PampersandPinot recently posted..Horror Story

39. Jen Has A Pen
    Twitter: jenrambles

Such gorgeous photos. I was born in Hawaii. Honolulu specifically but moved to Kansas when I was three. Most of my baby pictures are taken somewhere cool like this. Then, my adolescent pictures were taken in a shitty farmhouse. ;-)
    Jen Has A Pen recently posted..The Flyest Dude I Ever Did Know

stunning. surreal.
    Hawaii is one of my fave. places in the world.

And i love your tattoos. WOW.

FabULOUS!
    My Inner Chick recently posted..613 Days

Awesome pics, Jessica. The tat is nice too! Must visit Hawaii soon.
    Eve recently posted..He Thinks He Ate His Twin

42. Miss Marina Star
    Twitter: MissMarinaStar

Beautiful sunsets and of course I already told you I love the new ink!
    Miss Marina Star recently posted..What I Am

Looks like a wonderful trip!
    Your tattoo is gorgeous!
    Leighann recently posted..My Gift to YOU!!

44. Kate
    Twitter: andthenkate

Sure, sure. RUB IT IN.

(Happy belated birthday, btw. So glad you had a wonderful trip.)
    Kate recently posted..Sometime I’ll divulge the details of my run-in with Spiderman, too.

I’ll only have one more post where I rub in my trip. After that you won’t have to hear about it anymore. ;)

45. Mrs. Weber

I need to vacation there ASAP. Amazing pics, my friend!
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..Inspiration in Fourth Grade

46. MommaKiss
    Twitter: mommakiss

all the chickens are fucking disgusting, i can’t help it.

your tattoo is so so awesome. your kiddo’s names. sigh. i’ll blog mine, it’s way down on the foot, hurt like mad.

I’ve never been to Hawaii. Love the pics.
    MommaKiss recently posted..Friday Flip Offs 7-15

47. Teresa
    Twitter: TeresaThinks

Gorgeous pictures! I love the tattoo.
    Teresa recently posted..cupcake for a cupcake

48. Robin | Farewell, Stranger

Beautiful. Man, I need a vacation.

Love the new ink too.