In high school I was a hippie (minus the drugs) so I’m sure some of the things I did during those four years will not surprise you.
During my high school years I…
1) Got a tattoo of a Grateful Dead turtle (shown above)
2) Pierced my own ears with an ice cube and a needle (several times)
3) Had my belly button pierced (I wasn’t brave enough to do it by myself)
4) Got in trouble more times than I can count for not wearing shoes at school
5) Played rugby for two years
6) Puked in a measuring cup after drinking way too much vodka
7) Went to Independent Studies for my junior year and attended college classes at the local community college
8) Worked full time my junior and senior year at a drive through coffee shop
9) Made my own clothes (I really wish I had pictures of the hippie skirts and shirts I used to make. It would leave you saying WTF?)
10) Saw more concerts than I can remember and loved every single one of them (Sadly, though I never got to see Grateful Dead since Jerry Garcia passed away before I got the chance)
Yes, I really was a hippie back then. But I did shave my pits. And my legs.