The Kids Are Talkin Turkey

YouTube Preview Image

Clearly my kids love food. Especially desserts.

Now it’s your turn…

#KidsTalkinTurkey and #VlogTalk Prompts

1. Tell us the story of the First Thanksgiving.
  2. What is Thanksgiving all about?
  3. What foods are part of Thanksgiving dinner? What foods should be part of Thanksgiving dinner?
  4. Tell us about a Thanksgiving tradition in your family.
  5. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Linkup your #KidsTalkinTurkey post below and if you did a video be sure to add it to the VlogTalk linkup.

Don’t forget to visit my co-hosts a belle, a bean, and a Chicago dog and Mommy is in Timeout to see what their kids have to say about Turkey day.

77 Responses to The Kids Are Talkin Turkey

Your kids are just way too cute!
    I love it how the little one repeats everything her sister says.
    We call our 2 year old ‘little xerox machine’ sometimes.
    Mirjam recently posted..Laughter

They’re so cute!! H is totally a performer. And L? Cuteness galore, I wanna squeeze her cheeks.

Peace out!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Why Two Is Better Than One

3. By Word of Mouth Musings
    Twitter: ByWordsMusings

Adorableness .. and the little wannabe mini me, how do you not eat her up!
    I just added a story about the first Thanksgiving I remembered Wiki having. Not sure I could get The Princess to be on camera … I do promise to do a vlog one of these days … I even read your tutorials ;)
    Great meme, thank you for hosting!
    By Word of Mouth Musings recently posted..By Word – Kids Talking Turkey.

My kids love the chance to be on camera. I find videos on my phone all the time of them recording themselves.

Thank you for joining us.

Hee! Love! And that brownie A-ha moment Genius!
    Galit Breen recently posted..So Very Thankful

5. Blond Duck says:

Who doesn’t love food?
    Blond Duck recently posted..Magical Monday: Thanksgiving edition

So darn adorable! I love L mimicking everything H does when they were talking together at first. How can H not like squash? It’s amazing.

7. Video cameras are the best!! It is wonderful that you have this forever. Where to begin? Rice & beans? While not a part of my Thanksgiving I do love them. Cookies? Okay. Turkey Pie? Ummmm, never heard of it. Your little one clearly LOVES her big sister, as she should.
    Marie@feedingfive recently posted..The Daily Grind

My husband’s family is Puerto Rican so rice and beans are a staple and are so delicious.

I’m not sure I want to have turkey pie but I’ll gladly take the cookies.

8. First, your kids are so much more stylish than I am.
    Oh my.

Second, I adore that the first two items on their list of “most Thanksgiving foods” is rice and beans.

LOVE it. And the little voice.
    So much to be grateful for, no?

I hope your family has a beautiful holiday, Jess.

Peace out!
    julie gardner recently posted..Today call me hungry.

Rice and beans are a staple in my husband’s family. Can’t have Thanksgiving without them.

I hope you also have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Peace out suckafish. ;)

Miss Fancypants is well on her way of making her own little clone! :)
    Natalie recently posted..The Belated 12 Month Stats

10. Jen {at} take2mommy
    Twitter: take2mommy

Awesome! Fancy Pants is looking so chic, and L is beyond adorable, as always.
    I’m impressed that your 7YO came up with so many T-day foods. My 7YO came up with just 2, and neither of them are things we’ve ever eaten on Thanksgiving.
    Jen {at} take2mommy recently posted..Talkin’ Turkey

Turkey pie has never been served at Thanksgiving but we also have never had sausage. No idea where the kids come up with some of these.

Dude, I love your kids. I’m a little jealous of H’s fashion sense though.

Of course they like desserts, they’re smart kids!
    Kimberly recently posted..How Am I Feeling?

Her nickname is Miss Fancy Pants for a reason. If you had seen her shoes you would have noticed that they matched her shirt. A true fashionista.

12. Jessica
    Twitter: Spitupchronicle

WHY do I not have little girls?! Lamesauce. So cute though! Every time I see your little mini-mes, makes my uterus ache for a little gal. Was that inappropriate? Probably. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jessica recently posted..When You Give A Boy A Bike….

13. liz says:

SO how is it that Miss Fancy Pants doesn’t mind her little mimic? That would never fly in my house. ;-)
    liz recently posted..Thanksgiving, through a Child’s Eyes

14. Amanda Austin

Ok, look at miss Fancy Pants over there in her leopard shirt and hat….stylin!!!
    Amanda Austin recently posted..Birthday Boy

15. Jessica
    Twitter: fourplusanangel

Love it! Love that she says “perhaps” and that rice and beans was first. And did she say “cheese sticks”? Yum. Her little shadow is totally adorable.
    Jessica recently posted..Thanksgiving Wisdom

They are just so cute!
    Barbara recently posted..La Truffade

17. jacqui
    Twitter: chicktuition

When are you sending my toddler? I have cookies!
    jacqui recently posted..Is It Time To Eat Yet?

18. Absolutely precious and adorable. I wonder if my kids would say tofu…gotta go ask them!
    Christine@TheAums recently posted..It Happened Underwater

19. Gina says:

So stinkin’ cute!
    Gina recently posted..Monday Rewind & Gratefulness

20. I love that little mini-me is imitating every word her sister says! That is what the girls (mostly Lexie) do with Tucker all day long!

I think you should add suckafish pie to the menu.
    Bridget recently posted..Monday Listicles

22. Mommy2¢ says:

Oh my goodness! Your oldest is beautiful and your youngest is freakin adorable! She was cracking me up :)
    Mommy2¢ recently posted..Do we, or do we not: that is the question:

So cute! And of course it’s all about the dessert. :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jessica.
    Tonya recently posted..An Inherited Love

Anything pie! How very British of Vampire Ninja. Cute, cute, cutsey cute!
    Stasha recently posted..Preserving memories

Oh happiness.
    I’m not a fan of the squash either.
    So does the huge brownie with the Happy Thanksgiving Dinner come with a giant smooch with every piece?
    Kimberly recently posted..Between The Lines

26. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

Lol. your kids are too cute. Why did she say squash if she doesn’t like it? Too cute.

Here is my recipe for Turkey Pie, enjoy:
    Theresa recently posted..Say Nothing Momma

She was talking about foods that should be at Thanksgiving. I cut out a bunch of other parts from that clip but that was my favorite piece of it.

27. KLZ says:

I think “perhaps chicken?” makes her the most polite child I’ve ever seen.
    KLZ recently posted..Alex Talks Turkey

28. A Mommy in the City
    Twitter: amommyinthecity

So cute! I love how they are interacting with one another! Your captions are hilarious!
    A Mommy in the City recently posted..Crying Uncle

—I love baby saying the same things as your older daughter.

Precious! :))
    My Inner Chick recently posted..16 Things That Are Despicably Annoying

30. MamaTrack
    Twitter: MamaTrack

I just love them. They are so cute. And their love of desserts is totally understandable.
    MamaTrack recently posted..Pregnancy Grumbles

I also love how your youngest repeats what Fancy Pants says. So adorable!!!
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..2011 Review Extravaganza

32. Coffee Lovin Mom
    Twitter: coffeeluvinmom

I loved the parrot stage, everyone wants to be like big sister! You can tell how much they love to entertain – thanks for sharing the show!
    Coffee Lovin Mom recently posted..Kids Talking Thanksgiving

33. Mrs. Weber

So adorable! I don’t know what turkey pie is either, but it sounds delish! I esp love vampire ninja’s outfit – she is SO stylin’!
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..Little K Talks Turkey

34. Amber says:

The kids had fun doing this. :) Happy Thanksgiving.

I an loving vampire ninjas outfit!!
    Also the toddler is too cute.
    Leighann recently posted..One Day on your Birthday

36. Your girls are so adorable. I love how your youngest just keep repeating what the oldest says! That is how mine were too.And yes, Thanksgiving is all about dessert! That brownie sounds awesome!
    Jayme (The Random Blogette) recently posted..The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

37. Marcy says:

your kids are too cute!!!!!!!!!!! :))
    Marcy recently posted..Paint, Paint, Paint!!