VlogTalk: My Disaster Area

YouTube Preview Image

Maybe next time I do a vlog about my car I should film it before going on a long road trip.

I love that my car holds both kids and both dogs.

I hate that it is always so dirty.

Can’t win them all.

Join us at the VlogTalk site to linkup your post and watch the rest of the videos.

Don’t forget the #VlogTalk Twitter chat is August 16th 6-7pm PST.

97 Responses to VlogTalk: My Disaster Area

Twitter: MamasMonologues

That’s about how the back seats of my car look too. I need a dog to clean mine. You definitely deserve $1 back. Make sure she’s trained more by the time she’s sent to me.

I always knew dogs came in handy!

Haha, your butt is in my face!!!

I hope you got your dollar back.

• Jessica D Torres says:

Technically I haven’t paid her yet for cleaning the car so maybe I’ll just “forget” to give her a dollar.

3. rubyspikes says:

So funny. I love that you want a dollar back. Made me smile.

Ha ha, glad to see your kids disastrosize your car too! I hate the mess after a road trip. I usually end up cleaning it all because no one else cares if it’s messy or not.

I’m not going to lie – I think you should get $1 back, too. I’m wondering, will H clean a little better when she lives here? My favorite is the doll stuck upside down in the back of the seat. Awesome!

6. Elaine

I love the dog chowing down on the food on the floor!! BAWAHAWAHAHA!

Oh my. That is horrific. I think you should take a dollar back from the kid and give it to the dog.

8. Janie
    Twitter: janie_real

Oh my! Dogs to the rescue!
    Poor dolly, stuck upside down in the backseat.
    “Ok, here you go dogs..”

9. Christi says:

Oh my!! Here is my one tip for you: keep a stash of grocery bags in the car. Then you always have a trash bag handy for the kids to put their trash in. Oh, and I think I want to get a dog now. :-)

“His butt is right in my face.” Seriously, the best line of this video! My car looks like that too. I find raisins that used to be grapes. It’s gross. I call it carbage.

11. Amy
    Twitter: jamcadventures

haha…road trips always trash the hell out of my car, too…more so with kids!

–Jessica, So messy & Sweet. You children look like Angels HA HA
    I adoooore your Vlog-Dog!!!! :)

My car is very neat and tidy but super dirty. As in nothing is in but the dust from the farm is covering every inch. And remember my cute stickers? Still there…
    Are you OK with adding an old post, I know Aums mama did a great VLOG about her minivan? Let her know! As for the buck?! Yep…

• Jessica D Torres says:

Constant dust would be annoying too. Of course those cute stickers are still there.

I sent tweet to Aums mama. Thanks for letting me know.

14. Minivan Mama
    Twitter: rockthemini

Kinda looks like my minivan floor. Never thought to use the dog to help keep it clean….maybe you are on to something.

I love that your eldest said “his butt is in my face.” That was priceless. I’ve mentioned this before on my blog, but I’ll say it again: my husband is a neat freak. If I show him this video, he’s sure to have a panic attack!

16. Amy
    Twitter: amyplus1x3

The back of my van starts looking like that and my husband goes a little crazy and cleans it. Benefits of marrying a clean freak ;)

17. Elizabeth
    Twitter: singlelife2wife

LOL – that is a cute video! Dogs are great for cleaning up the food portion!

18. Gina
    Twitter: firefam5

That is so funny- just goes to show you that the kids have far lower standards & look how happy they are. Suppose we should all just take their lead & be more carefree :)

• Jessica D Torres says:

The kids don’t care at all what the car looks like as long as they have things to do back there. Not sure I could let that go on for a long time though.

Your video made me laugh! We still haven’t completely recovered from our road trip last month! My one-year-old is my dog these days, though I just found out he stuffed some snacks in our tape deck.

• Jessica D Torres says:

That’s hilarious that your 1 year old is the dog. Good luck on getting your car cleaned out from the road trip. I’m not sure mine will ever recover.

20. Kim says:

I would love to be able to give you a hug right now, because you just made me feel so much better about myself! Our car is a disaster of crumbs, wrappers, discarded stickers and McDonald’s Happy Meal toys, and junk that I don’t even recognize anymore. And it all accumulates in two weeks, because every two weeks I clean the car out and vacuum it and then 14 days later it’s a pit again. I hate it. But it’s so hard to keep it clean every day when I have to carry a sleeping two-year-old inside or chase after my two daughters as they beeline to see who can get to the front door first and fight over who gets to touch the door knob first. Sigh, it’s not easy :)

• Jessica D Torres says:

My car used to be very clean all the time but now with 2 kids and 2 dogs it’s impossible to get all the crap out of it. That’s why I bribe my oldest to clean it although she isn’t the best at this job.

21. Caroline says:

I think most Mom’s cars stay a bit messy. The good thing is both of your kids look happy and content. Go Mom!

22. Janice
    Twitter: mommyslounge

Wow. Okay, so after seeing your car, I will never feel bad about the state of my car ever again. I think I’m going to show this to my husband, who always complain about cleaning up the car after me and the kids. You know, I might just borrow your dogs for some clean-up duty!

• Jessica D Torres says:

I think for our next road trip I’ll be getting a rental car.

My dogs accept food as payment if you need them to work.

23. Rachel Joy says:

Is it just me or do those snacks on the floor look tasty? =)

24. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

Yeah, she at least owes you $.50. I can relate, my car is the same way.

25. jacqui
    Twitter: chicktuition

I think I would’ve done the same quality work if you were only paying $2 for it. How much did you have to pay the dogs?

• Jessica D Torres says:

The dogs got food as payment. Maybe next time I should bribe my daughter with a donut. I think that would work better.

Hey at least you have the dogs to do free clean up LOL!

27. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger

I think every mom’s car must look like this. Drives me crazy – maybe I should have married a neat freak!

28. JDaniel has been banned from eating cookies in the back seat of the car. Crumbs go everywhere. He can eat food in the car. Just not cookies.

29. Angela
    Twitter: joneseskeeper

Your car doesn’t look like its need of a bath. I mean, you couldn’t write wash me on it can you?

Maybe you could get 75 cents back though for the inside job :)

• Jessica D Torres says:

I don’t think I could write wash me on it but it is plastered in bugs. I was nice and didn’t show that part. You’re welcome. ;)

30. Jessica
    Twitter: Spitupchronicle

I love that my car is not the only one that looks like that. Only problem is my trunk area is worse. I have clothes and shoes and toys and all kinds of crap back there. I still have things that we put back there when we moved over a month ago. I wish I had a dog to eat all the food in my backseats. LOL

• Jessica D Torres says:

Surprisingly I keep the back of my car very clean. Must be because the children aren’t allowed to go near it.

31. Mrs. Weber

I just have to say I’m impressed you all lasted a 15 hour car trip. Wowsers, no wonder the kids made a mess. So glad the dog came to the rescue…maybe he should’ve gotten the $1?

• Jessica D Torres says:

I think the dog was happy with the crackers. He probably would have eaten the dollar.

It was a long time in the car but it was a much needed family vacation and we had fun.

32. Damn, Jessica. That’s gross.

I can’t judge though. There are still Skittles melted in the cupholder from the last Texas roadtrip, and a week after we got back I found a dirty diaper wedged under the seat.

Dude, I know.

I bet your car smelt ripe after having that dirty diaper in there for a week in the heat.

33. Ha! That’s how mine looks too after road trips…and sometimes we don’t even have to take a trip for it to look like that. You’re lucky to have such cheap helpers ;)

• Jessica D Torres says:

I’m lucky I had the road trip to blame for the state of my car this time. If not I probably would have picked a different prompt.

34. Teresa
    Twitter: TeresaThinks

Oh thank God. i thought I was the only one that had a car like this. I did a total detail on it last week when I couldn’t take it anymore!!

35. martha says:

haha..cute. The inside of your car looks a lot like mine! ;P

36. Lindsey
    Twitter: dashingly

Wow, that was a total sty. I was gonna say it looked like someone was living out of it… but I guess someone was for a bit.

• Jessica D Torres says:

It felt like we were living in the car for at least 2 days. At least we had a fun vacation at the beach.

37. liz says:

THAT is why we have dogs! Clean cars and clean kitchen floors!

I love that you said you need $1 back. :)

38. Mama Mary says:

That is the way my car looks 95% of the time! And my area is never as clean as yours! Kudos to you! : )

39. tracy
    Twitter: sellabitmum

OMG yes – my car is such a pit. So glad I am not alone. xo
    tracy recently posted..Juley Jules Review and Giveaway…

40. Jennifer
    Twitter: jen_p_williams

At least your area was clean. I can’t say that about my car.
    Jennifer recently posted..My messy car

41. After seeing my messy car tour vlog a while back, @NorthwestMommy commented that my car wasn’t really THAT dirty. After seeing your car, I think she may have had a little point ;) Big difference between us? The front of my car is just as bad as the back!

42. Amanda

Oh my stars…this is hilarious. She did alright, considering. My favorite part was the babydoll stuffed in the back of the seat.
    Amanda recently posted..The perfect wedding moment

Too funny! My hubby is so anal about keeping his car clean and he cringes when he sees the obscene amount of cheerios on the floor and underneath the seats! I secretly giggle, because I love it!
    Barbara recently posted..19 weeks

44. Practical Parenting
    Twitter: katiefhurley

Kids are messy…what can you do? I do think she did $2 worth of cleaning though. Maybe for $5 it would have been spotless.
    Practical Parenting recently posted..Vacation Blues (Tips for reducing toddler homesickness)

Oh my.

“His butt is right in my face” is my favorite line from this.
    Tonya recently posted..Hand Me Downs

46. Hopes@Staying Afloat!
    Twitter: HStayingAfloat

I feel your pain! My car is so dirty and I just run errands all week!
    Hopes@Staying Afloat! recently posted..Mourning You

Oh honey- been there {sadly}, done that {embarrassingly}. XO
    Galit Breen recently posted..The Post That Broke My Blog

The dogs are adorable!!
    I need some to clean up after my daughter!
    Leighann recently posted..Get Me Home