VlogTalk: A Summer of Fun

YouTube Preview Image

P.S. That last slide is supposed to say @mytimeasmom not @twitter.com. I’m still learning iMovie and I made this at midnight. Whatever.

I think this video will further prove that my kids had a no bummer summer.

Now, if only I can get someone to watch my youngest (for free) starting next week when my oldest goes back to school so I can get caught up on things… #WishfulThinking

Prompt: Highlights of your summer.

Join us at the VlogTalk site to linkup your vlog and watch the rest of the videos.

Don’t forget the #VlogTalk Twitter chat is August 23rd 6-7pm PST.

66 Responses to VlogTalk: A Summer of Fun

Glad everyone had a good summer!!! And now on to a great fall!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..The Truth About How I Blog

2. Lindsey
    Twitter: dashingly

You didn’t use my song suggestion! I can’t for a second fathom why not.
    Lindsey recently posted..Such stuff as dreams are made on.

3. tracy
    Twitter: sellabitmum

Oh I love it and YES what are we going to do when our ‘sitters’ ahem – older kids go back to school!!! WAH!!
    tracy recently posted..The Northern Girl…

That looks like a great summer! I would like to get on the list to learn wakeboarding next summer. No, scratch that, all the weird lake creatures that could get me. I’ll just watch from the boat.
    Elena recently posted..It’s Time To Be A Big Girl Now

• Jessica D Torres says:

I’m generally on the boat watching too. I like warm water and the snow we get doesn’t really create that.

5. W.C. Camp says:

Looks like a lot of fun to me – Wakeboard thing is new to me but also looks pretty neat. Honestly though now I am going to have nightmares about that GIANT PENGUIN!! W.C.C.

6. Jackie says:

Looks like you all had a great Summer! I can’t believe it’s almost over.
    Jackie recently posted..Life’s Lessons: Back to school and more edition

7. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger

Nice! Looks totally fun. And that last pic of all 4 of you is great.

I wanted to do this one and then I realized I didn’t take any photos or video this summer. Must fix that.
    Robin @ Farewell, Stranger recently posted..Blue Hair and Other Things: A Life List Update

8. Erin
    Twitter: ErinsMiracles

Looks like the perfect summer! Anytime spent on the beach makes for a perfect summer to me!
    Erin recently posted..Simple Summer Sensation

9. What a fun summer! My daughter wants to hang with you guys, lol.
    Laural Out Loud recently posted..Two Bear Stories, Only One Happy Ending

Definitely a no bummer summer! I’m sure you’ll find some great things to keep them entertained during the fall too!
    Barbara recently posted..Torino (Turin)

11. Minivan Mama
    Twitter: rockthemini

If your kids are anything like mine I bet they asked “What’s next mom?” even after all these fun adventures!

• Jessica D Torres says:

They were pretty good about not asking that but I did hear I’m bored and I’m hungry quite a few times.

12. nicole
    Twitter: helpmamaremote

That water looks refreshing. Glad the summer.was good.
    nicole recently posted..Dora’s ballet adventures DVD Review

13. Aleta says:

You did a great job with the iMovie. I like how you started it with the video and ended with the pictures. If you want to know anything about iMovies, give me a hollar, because I’ve done quiet a few of them, I love the program! Those transitions of the ripple effect, you can slow those down too if you want. :)
    Aleta recently posted..The Mommy Mambo

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thanks! I’ve been playing around in it a lot lately and I’ve got an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar to learn more about it.

14. Devan @ Accustomed Chaos
    Twitter: AccustomedChaos

looks like the perfect summer – hope the school year gets off to a great start!
    Devan @ Accustomed Chaos recently posted..Top Ten Ways To Get Rid of Baby Fever

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thanks! It was a good summer. I’m a little bummed it’s ending because only one of my kids is in school.

15. Mrs. Weber

What a cute video. #iloveyourhashtags My fave pic was the one of you and your girls on the beach. So precious!
    Mrs. Weber recently posted..How to Make a Banana Slurp + Blogger Fun in Detroit

• Jessica D Torres says:

I had fun with the hashtags in it.

I love that beach picture. I’ve got some other really good ones too that will be shown of at some point.

16. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

Fun! Your girls are so sweet! Why is everyone in the states starting school this week? *sigh* Mine won’t be in kindergarten for a whole day until Sept 14!!
    Theresa recently posted..Jamie from Chosen Chaos {Leave the Nest Momma}

17. KLZ says:

I will happily watch your youngest for free if you can somehow coordinate my husband getting a new, very very well paying job. Like, his salary and mine combined.

Thank you.
    KLZ recently posted..Free FALLin’

• Jessica D Torres says:

I will put my husband on the task of finding your husband a new job. I have to warn you my youngest is crazy. I hope that doesn’t change your mind.

18. Christi says:

That definitely looks like a no bummer summer! You’re certainly creating some good memories for those kiddos.

—Jessica,
    I was really groovin’ to this.
    S::M::A::S::H::I::N::G !!!!!!!!!!!! Xx
    My Inner Chick recently posted..The Hour of Lead. The Hour of Light.

20. nice! Looks like a good summer. And congrats on the Colorado decision! :)
    Cam – Bibs & Baubles recently posted..Down the Aisle

21. Gina
    Twitter: firefam5

Glad to see that you went to the Rodeo- that is always fun!! My kids would love it.
    Gina recently posted..Life in Our Little Part of the World Today

• Jessica D Torres says:

The rodeo was fun but my oldest is such an animal lover that seeing the cowboys rope the cows and stuff was heartbreaking for her.

22. Roxanne says:

That definitely looks like a great summer.
    Roxanne recently posted..RemembeRED: Memories we wish we could forget

23. Practical Parenting
    Twitter: katiefhurley

Looks like an amazing summer! Congrats on the new land :)
    Practical Parenting recently posted..“Happy Chaos” Giveaway!

24. Lenette says:

It looks like y’all had a fantastic summer!
    Lenette recently posted..Questions about blogging

25. Awww, I loved this! So sweet. It looks like you had a great summer. I’ll totally watch your youngest…she would fit right in with my youngest ;)

26. Oh my gravy you are all so cute I want you to adopt me so I can be a part of your family.

Except for the part where I’m a lot older than you.

So I guess I could be the old adopted aunt?

(think about it…)
    julie gardner recently posted..Today call me wedded.

27. Karen @ Time Crafted
    Twitter: TimeCrafted

Looks like you had a fun summer and a lot of family time too! Reminds me of our time at the coast and always wishin’ for more! :>
    Karen @ Time Crafted recently posted..SITS Book Club: Secret Daughter

• Jessica D Torres says:

It was so nice to take the kids to the ocean so they could play on the beach. Except the water was cold.

28. Hopes@Staying Afloat!
    Twitter: HStayingAfloat

Looks like you guys definitely made the most out of your summer! So fun!! Love all the pictures!
    Hopes@Staying Afloat! recently posted..Saving the WOOO-OLD!

• Jessica D Torres says:

We did our best. It was hard to decide on the pictures for the slideshow because I had so many of them.

Looks like an excellent summer. I love little miss cutie patootie’s tutu bathing suit!

Congrats on the land in Colorado:)
    Bridget recently posted..WTF Wednesday

Loved the photos! Congratulations on buying the land!
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..Toddler Professions

I love all the hash tags. Looks like you had a great summer with lots of water play,
    Tonya recently posted..In Her Shoes