A No Bummer Summer

This is the last summer post from Miss Fancy Pants as she starts second grade on August 29th.

To celebrate the end of her 3 month break she wrote a list of 10 things she liked about her summer.

Hopefully this post will help her remember that she did in fact have a no bummer summer.

10 things I liked about summer vacation (or as she typed it: voacaice):

1) Horseback riding with my Father

2) Making a tutu

3) Playing in the grass

4) Doing the posts on my Mother’s blog

5) Going to Sacramento to see my family

6) Swimming

7) My dare chart for a no bummer summer (I ended with 70 points and I won)

8 ) Saving up my money to buy a fish

9) Making a sculpture out of sand

10) Going to the beach and the aquarium in Monterey

Thank you everybody for reading my blog posts this summer and leaving me comments. I hope my Mother will let me post again sometime.

XOXO Miss Fancy Pants (or Miss Vampire Ninja)

It seems like I did something right this summer with my kid since she was able to come up with 10 things she enjoyed doing.

Leave her some comment love to celebrate the end of summer with Miss Fancy Pants and she will help me reply to them as usual.

108 Responses to A No Bummer Summer

1. liz says:

does she really call you guys mother and father? SO formal!

i bet she tells her new teacher that she’s a blogger.
    liz recently posted..Introducing: iPhone Photo Phun

• Jessica D Torres says:

Yes, she really does call us mother and father. It’s not so cute.

She wants to show her whole class the blog posts she wrote over the summer.

2. jacqui
    Twitter: chicktuition

Wow…it seems like you did a lot of cool stuff this summer, Miss Vampire Ninja. I hope you have a great start to 2nd grade with lots of friends and awesome teachers!
    jacqui recently posted..A Complete Fiasco…

Ms Fancy Pants, we’ll miss your posts so I do hope your Mother lets you post again soon. Enjoy 2nd grade!!!

And yay for a no bummer summer!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Guest Star: Jessica of Four Plus An Angel

4. Sounds like you had a great summer! Maybe your mom will let you post again on your fall or winter break.

5. Kim says:

I love that you wrote on your mom’s blog and I hope to keep reading your posts! It inspires me to let my daughters write on my blog when they know how to write :) It looks like you had a fantastic summer, but please keep us updated on the experiences of school, too!
    Kim recently posted..Yin Yang: Part One

6. I’m so glad you had a “no bummer summer”. Sad to see it end. You did a great job with your lists!! I hope you’ll post some more on your school breaks :)

You must tell me more about the pony you rode! And congratulation on your fish friend addition. Have a lovely time in second grade.
    Stasha recently posted..Monday Listicles

• Jessica D Torres says:

The pony was brown and it’s name was Missy. It was a hungry pony and it kept stopping so I had to kick it. We went up in the mountains when I was riding on it and we rode for 1 hour. It was a lot of fun.

• Stasha

Sounds like you really liked riding with your Dad. I am taking my son for our first trail ride together on Tuesday and I am super excited. We have gone many times but I always lead his horse, this will be the first time for us to both ride our own horse. Let you know how it goes.
        And god job for not letting Missy get away with being cheeky!
        Stasha recently posted..Monday Listicles

I’m surprised guest blogging wasn’t higher on the list. I’ve enjoyed them a lot!

I hope Miss Fancy Pants has an awesome school year and we see her again soon on My Time As Mom!
    Tonya recently posted..When Daddy’s Away

• Jessica D Torres says:

She didn’t put her list in order of importance. Just order she could think of things.

I’m sure she will be begging to come back and post again soon.

9. Grandmother says:

It was great spending the weekend with you and seeing you during the summer. Your new yard is great and your fish is too. Xoxox, grandmother.

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you for letting me stay with you and for coming to visit me. Also thank you for seeing my fish and I’m glad it hasn’t died yet.

10. Hopes@Staying Afloat!
    Twitter: HStayingAfloat

Miss Fancy Pants,

Sounds like an amazing summer!! I hope you enjoy second grade and that you stop in from time with another fabulous list!
    Hopes@Staying Afloat! recently posted..It’s Starting

• Jessica D Torres says:

I don’t want to do homework in second grade but I can’t wait to see my friends again. I hope my mother lets me post again soon.

11. Cori
    Twitter: corisbigmouth

way to go on ….

7) My dare chart for a no bummer summer (I ended with 70 points and I won)

that is awesome!! Hope she has a wonderful year of fun and learning ahead of her!!
    Cori recently posted..Spokane Family Day [Aug5, 6 & 7]

• Jessica D Torres says:

There was only a couple things on the dare chart she didn’t get to do but overall she had a no bummer summer.

12. Roxanne says:

Sounds like a great summer! Have fun in 2nd grade Ms Vampire Ninja Fancy Pants.
    Roxanne recently posted..Red Writing Hood – Home

Happy end of summer H! I’ll miss your posts. Please come visit and teach me how to make a tutu.
    Elena recently posted..It’s Time To Be A Big Girl Now

14. mom2kiddos
    Twitter: kiddothings

Looks like you had a GREAT summer. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and would love to read more. Maybe you can do a going back to school post sometime soon. Till then take care and have a great start to 2nd grade!
    mom2kiddos recently posted..When Yang Met Yin

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you for reading my posts. I’m very happy my mother let me do these. Maybe she will let me post again soon.

15. Second grade will be great!! You should start your own blog and keep track of your adventures at school. I think a “dare chart” sounds like a great idea – I’d love to know more about it, for my own second grader.

• Jessica D Torres says:

I wish my mother would let me start my own blog. The dare chart was fun. We got the idea from the Judy Moody movie. Thanks for reading my blog post.

That sounds like a great summer! I also love the alias Ms. Vampire Ninja!!
    Barbara recently posted..All over the place

So glad that you enjoyed your summer break!! And you made a tutu? That’s awesome!!
    Kimberly recently posted..A Tale Of Stepping Out Then Stepping Into The Public Bathroom

18. I agree! You did something not just right, but extraordinary! I doubt our son’s list would be longer than 2 items. Brava!
    Fabulosokids Bruce recently posted..Yinyang

That’s a pretty awesome summer I must admit…good luck in the 2nd grade!
    Natalie recently posted..Life’s Lessons: Where Did This Year Go Edition

So cool that you got to write on your mom’s blog this summer AND that you got to make a tutu! Maybe your next post could be a tutorial on how to make a tutu? I hope you have a great first day in second grade, Miss Fancy Pants!

21. Caroline says:

Awesome list, Ms Fancy Pants. I’m glad you had a no bummer summer. Enjoy school! I hope to see you here again in the future!!

AND, good job Mom!!
    Caroline recently posted..The UNexpected part of what was Expected

• Jessica D Torres says:

I hope I don’t have too much homework in second grade. I don’t like having to do that all the time. Thanks for reading.

22. I called my mother “Mother” instead of Mama or Mom as well. I hope you have a great year back at school!
    Julie @ mamamash recently posted..Monday Meals: We’re smoking the good stuff

23. Nicole says:

I hope your mom lets you post again sometime! Very fun.
    Nicole recently posted..Updates and a meme!

24. Aleta says:

I think it’s wonderful that she posted to your blog and I love her list for a “no bummer summer.” Hope the school year is a fun and informative one!
    Aleta recently posted..Question 3 A book you love

25. cam says:

Ms. Fancy Pants it sounds like you had a great summer! Enjoy 2nd grade!
    cam recently posted..Mom’s Back to School Shopping?

26. blueviolet says:

After seeing how much she appreciated doing it, you gotta let her carry on from time to time!
    blueviolet recently posted..The Little Lost Boy

27. Elizabeth
    Twitter: singlelife2wife

ahh that is awesome. It is to often that you hear kids saying that they are bored. BORED! How can you be bored during the summer. We used to make up games all summer long to keep our selves busy! Nice work mom.. your Daughters list sounds like she had a great time!
    Elizabeth recently posted..My Twitter was hacked!

• Jessica D Torres says:

I heard many times that my daughter was bored but I made her go clean her room. She didn’t like that too much.

28. Christi says:

Miss Fancy Pants – I have greatly enjoyed reading your blog posts this summer! You are a fabulous writer, just like you mom! Good luck in school this year.

29. RachelJoy says:

Sounds like you had a great summer! What kind of fish did you buy?
    RachelJoy recently posted..Tagaytay Escapades

You did have an excellent summer Miss Fancy Pants! Lucky girl:) Have fun in grade 2!
    Bridget recently posted..Superiority Complex

Hey Vampire Ninja–another great post! I’ve been to the beach in Monteray–I liked it too. Good for you for saving up your money to get something your really want. That’s hard to do! Hope to see you posting again soon. Have fun in 2nd grade!
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..Pshhhhhh…

• Jessica D Torres says:

The beach in Monterey was so much fun but the water was cold.

I want to save up more money for other things like taking my father to the movies.

–Miss Fancy Pants,
    I loooooooooove that you did all these cool things!
    Hope you have fun in school, too :)
    My Inner Chick recently posted..A Dinner Invitation For Angelou, Gaga, Bono, & Cooper

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you. I had fun doing all these things.

I don’t want to do homework in second grade. But I do want to play with my friends.

33. Dana K
    Twitter: TheDanaK

That sounds like an AWESOME summer! I love the aquarium in Monterey (I used to live nearby)! & I’m glad you enjoyed it, too. What was your favorite exhibit?

Also, what is a “dare chart”. That sounds kind of cool…
    Dana K recently posted..Eli Rose Social Media Blog Assessment

• Jessica D Torres says:

My favorite at the aquarium was the big sharks and the jelly fish. They were so cool to look at.

The dare chart is a list of things to do during the summer and each time you complete one you get points. Whoever has the most points wins.

34. Sounds like you had an awesome summerr!
    Diane @ OhDiane recently posted..Get Organized Now With AboutOne

35. Jessica says:

I hope your mom will let you post again, too! You are too adorable! Your summer sounds like it was so much fun!

36. Laci
    Twitter: laci512

Sounds like a super fun summer!

37. Ally says:

Sounds like a pretty fantastic summer!
    Ally recently posted..10 Awesome, Amazing Things I Saw On Vacation

38. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger

That sounds like a really fun summer!

I have great memories of 2nd grade. I hope you have a great time this year!

39. christina
    Twitter: finallymom

so super duper cute. i especially love the “no bummer summer” thing.
    christina recently posted..ABCs

40. Stephanie
    Twitter: supermomboots

That sounds like an awesome summer!

Also, what is a dare chart? Very curious here :)
    Stephanie recently posted..My Favourite Wedding Photo

• Jessica D Torres says:

A dare chart is a list of fun things to do for the summer and each time you complete one you get points for it. The most points wins.

41. Gina
    Twitter: firefam5

Too cute- I have to say, those would be on my top 10 list too.
    Gina recently posted..Monday Rewind- 8/22/2011 & A Jam Packed Weekend

42. Anne says:

Great list! No Bummer Summers are totally worth celebrating. I hope you’ll be back soon – like over winter break?
    Anne recently posted..School Begins

I love Ms. Fancy Pants. She should be a regular blog partner. Tell her her list rocks and I’m glad she had a no bummer summer!
    Bruna recently posted..back to school traditions

44. Practical Parenting
    Twitter: katiefhurley

I think you need your own blog…I, for one, will miss your posts (plus, you already have a name “Miss Fancy Pants”). Sounds like a great summer! Love the sand sculpture vs sand castle…very grown up.
    Practical Parenting recently posted..“Happy Chaos” Giveaway!

45. Kristy @PampersandPinot
    Twitter: PampersandPinot

Sounds like a great summer! Now that school’s back in session I am already getting excited for Christmas!
    Kristy @PampersandPinot recently posted..Sometimes Even Your Hair Hurts (Sunday Snippets)

Miss vampire ninja,
    I hope your mother let’s you post again too, your posts rock!
    Have a great first day of school, I have no doubt your outfit will be fierce!
    Leighann recently posted..Ugly Thieving Trolls

• Jessica D Torres says:

I hope my mother lets me post again too.

My mother just bought me a bunch of new fancy clothes so I have to pick out my favorite one for the first day of school.

47. Ado
    Twitter: adothemomalog

I should try that with my kids to see if they can come up with a list of 10 good things they remember about summer too! You did good, Mama. (-:

48. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

I think horseback riding would be my favorite of all of those. Glad you had so much fun!
    Ali recently posted..2nd Grade Stinks, But My Kid Doesn’t

49. I love that she is saving up her own money to buy a fish, so sweet!
    Tina @ Life Without Pink recently posted..8 Ways To Have Fun In Your Own Backyard

50. Jackie
    Twitter: notwifezilla

making a tutu, going to the beach, and swimming…sounds like the perfect summer to me! Best of luck in grade 2!

51. Kate
    Twitter: andthenkate

Hi, Miss Vampire Ninja! I see you have inherited your mom’s awesome blogging genes! Also, would you be willing to give a tutorial on making tutus? (Please?)
    Kate recently posted..Oh, yes. We went to this kind of famous ice-cream factory, too. Ben and…someone.

• Jessica D Torres says:

My mother mostly made the tutu but I helped her as much as I could but I don’t think I remember how to make it. I love blogging and I hope my mom lets me have my own blog one day.

52. Jess
    Twitter: jessesco

Good luck as you start school! I really wanna learn more about the tutu. Sounds cool!

53. Kir
    Twitter: thekircorner

you adorable girl!!!! You’ve had a fantastic summer and I’m so glad I got to read your words on Mondays. You’re becoming a great writer and you’ll have lots of stories to tell in school now too. Have a fantastic year, Fancy Pants. :)
    Kir recently posted..Monday Musings: Vacation Visiting

54. Corine
    Twitter: complicatedmama

What a great list! I love that you blogged on your Mom’s blog! And Making a Tutu is fun! I’ve done that before myself :)

My son wants to blog too… maybe soon!