Chocolate Covered Goodness

I love chocolate. Just as much as I love martinis.

So I decided to participate in the Dessert a Day challenge from Donsuemor.

They sent me a box of Lemon Zest Madeleines and asked me to create a recipe using them.

Me, being the super lazy creative person that I am I came up with this creation all by myself.

Chocolate dipped Lemon Zest Madeleines.

First, you get out all the ingredients. (The madeleines and the chocolate).

Next you unwrap all the madeleines and lay them out on parchment paper.

Then you melt the chocolate in a glass bowl.

Dip the Lemon Zest Madeleines in the melted chocolate.

Place on the parchment paper and put in the fridge.

Once the chocolate has hardened,
the chocolate dipped Lemon Zest Madeleines are ready to eat.

Enjoy!

Thank you Donseumor for supplying me with the Lemon Zest Madeleines so my family had dessert.

I was provided free cookies for this post. All opinions and the recipe are my own.

52 Responses to Chocolate Covered Goodness

1. Cynthia says:

Yum. Lemon Zest Madeleines?! I have to get my hands on some. I love lemon. I love madeleines. I’ve never had them together in one bite. OH, and I love chocolate. Thanks for sharing the awesomeness.
    Cynthia recently posted..Weekend Recap

• Jessica D Torres says:

I love lemon and I love chocolate. This was the first time I had madeleines. Perfect combo all around.

2. Poppy
    Twitter: funnyorsnot

Those totally go with martinis by the way. I know because I just licked the screen. Twice.
    Poppy recently posted..Off White Wedding

3. Jessica
    Twitter: Spitupchronicle

Oh my gosh delish. Those look good enough to eat….ha..ha..
    Jessica recently posted..Time for some changes

Twitter: MamasMonologues

Those look yummy! I’m coming over. I’ll bring the drinks.
    Kimberly recently posted..The Tourist

You’re sending some my way right? I’ll wait for the pigeon.
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..To Be Enough – An Introduction

Oh my, I want them RIGHT NOW! Great idea to dip them in chocolate. You are very wise indeed!
    Stasha recently posted..Scavenger Hunt

—You are a genius :) Ohhhhhhh, Yummmmy.
    My Inner Chick recently posted..The Cherry-Red Toaster

8. Heather @ Life as we know it
    Twitter: TwinkieTotMom

I’m not a huge lemon dessert person but the chocolate you added would totally do it for me I think! Those look super yummy, & definitely easy!

9. Rachel Joy says:

Good for you….mine would’ve never made it to the pan. It would have gone straight to my mouth before even conjuring up some kind of neat recipe. How do I get yummy dessert places to send me some free sweets?!?!?
    Rachel Joy recently posted..The YinYang of Marriage

10. Nicole says:

Sounds yummy.
    Nicole recently posted..T minus 7

11. Hopes@Staying Afloat!
    Twitter: HStayingAfloat

Everything is better with chocolate!! These look SO yummy!!!
    Hopes@Staying Afloat! recently posted..Sunday Sweetness: Backyard Living

12. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

I hope you are sending me some. They look like they would fit in an envelope pretty easy.
    Theresa recently posted..Get Ready to Leave the Nest Momma….

13. jacqui
    Twitter: chicktuition

Those look really good! And I love both lemon and chocolate, so I’ll definitely try this.

P.S. It will be easier to send me some than to send Theresa some…you don’t have to worry about customs to send them to me. ;)
    jacqui recently posted..It’s A Fashion Show…

Oh I need these right now after a weekend of traveling!
    Natalie recently posted..Recipes for Easy, Breezy Motherhood-A Mischmashed Life

15. Aleta says:

I’ve never heard of the, but if they are dipped in chocolate, I’d try them – looks yummy!
    Aleta recently posted..Confession about Popcorn

16. Robin @ Farewell, Stranger

Yum! That sounds right up my alley. (And free cookies? Good deal!)
    Robin @ Farewell, Stranger recently posted..On My Anniversary

I would gobble these! I love almost all things dipped in chocolate, except licorice and ants.
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..Tomatillo Ranch Dressing! Try me!

Deliciousness! I’ve never had these cookies. They probably don’t sell them here, stupid Alaska!!
    Bridget recently posted..I’ll Meet You In The Middle

What I wouldn’t do for a dessert a day but my waistline would not forgive me! This looks so easy and yummy and now I’m craving chocolate! Thanks!
    Barbara recently posted..Verona

20. Kir
    Twitter: thekircorner

Ooh I love anything covered in chocolate!! Yum
    Kir recently posted..Falling Into It

21. I would love to try that! I’ve never had a lemon zest Madeleine!
    Julie @ mamamash recently posted..My house smells like Vicks and Bengay, so you know we’re having fun

Look at you getting all creative with the cookies!
    Elena recently posted..Anniversary Getaway {comments closed}

23. These look wonderful! Chocolate was the perfect addition to the cookies.

Yum! I adore lemon and really, adoring chocolate is a given. Great job GF!
    Galit Breen recently posted..The Magic of a Few Days Away

Oh, yum and how easy is that! My husband loves Madelines. I may have to try this.
    Tonya recently posted..The Summer That Was

This looks so good. I love lemon and chocolate so this would be perfect for me. But not for my ass.
    Eve recently posted..Scrumptious Sunday – French Almond Pumpkin Cakes