VlogTalk: Simply Beautiful

YouTube Preview Image

So there you have my makeup routine on most days.

P.S. I usually do my makeup in the bathroom and not at the dining room table but for filming purposes it was easier to sit at the table.

P.P.S. Yes my bathroom counter is an ugly shade of pink. So is the shower. One day we will remodel it. Today is not that day. Tomorrow is not looking good either.

Your turn….

(You can grab the code for the button on the sidebar).

This weeks VlogTalk prompts:

1. Why you don’t vlog (inspired by A belle, a bean, and a Chicago dog)
2. What is your makeup routine? Show us (inspired by Daily Dose of Sugar Mama)
3. Tell us the story behind your kid(s) names or blog nicknames.

For more information on VlogTalk or to sign up for to have the prompts emailed directly to you each week go here.

Happy Vlogging!
Let's BEE Friends
Linked up with Bees with Honey!

81 Responses to VlogTalk: Simply Beautiful

1. C.Mom says:

Too funny! I was going to be really impressed if you had managed to fully make your self up with two children surrounding you!

2. Dana K
    Twitter: TheDanaK

Your kids crack me up.
    Dana K recently posted..OMG another vlog

3. Lauren Weber

Love that you have TONS of amazing name brand make-up and you just use chapstick. Go fig. Monkey and Monster interruptions were the best ;)
    Lauren Weber recently posted..Lessons From Lemonade

• Jessica D Torres says:

I have so many different shades of eyeshadow it’s not even funny. And I keep buying more. I hope it never goes bad.

4. Miel et Lait says:

I’ll be watching all the vlogs all night long. This is going to be a fun link up, I can tell already!
    Miel et Lait recently posted..Why I don’t vlog

5. Sandra says:

Your daughter(s) did a great job! I say daughter(s) because I suspect the oldest was acting like a pro, while the youngest was probably being…well, a baby! :) This was great! I think you need an extra set of arms. I can loan you mine for a few years. I’d welcome not having to drag them around.
    Sandra recently posted..This is what bloggers do on Saturday nightno- really- they do!

• Jessica D Torres says:

My oldest put on her best acting skills for this one. My youngest though is insane all the time. If you lend me your arms maybe I can actually put on more than just chapstick in the mornings.

6. Carri says:

YAY! I love MAC. Even more so? The fact that a good girlfriend of mine is a makeup artist and gets it for me at 40% off! :)
    Cute vlog… I’m off to do mine!
    Carri recently posted..Sunday Funday 9- Link Up Your Favorite Post!

7. tracy
    Twitter: sellabitmum

Now that is an impressive line-up of products. I have no idea what they were though. HA! So awesome.
    tracy recently posted..I am wearing pants today

• Jessica D Torres says:

Haha…notice I only had stuff for my eyes and my lips. Those are the only things I know how to use.

8. Miel et Lait says:

You are such a skilled movie maker! I am genuinely impressed!

PS- Compared to me, your routine is so much more organized. And all I have is a dog.
    Miel et Lait recently posted..Why I don’t vlog

Thanks!

I have 2 dogs too who get in the way of my makeup process also. So many distractions so little time.

9. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

Nice job. You have lots of swaggy cool makeup, but doesn’t look like the girls let you use it, lol. The chapstick is all you need, you have gorgeous skin!
    Theresa recently posted..Why doesn’t Momma Vlog

• Jessica D Torres says:

If the girls had their way they would take all my makeup. Luckily I’m still bigger than them. For now.

My typical routine. I love how crazy monkey is out of breath after she tries to get your attention. That girl deserves a donut!
    Elena recently posted..Tweet Tweet

11. Elaine

Your oldest daughter pretending to put the make-up on in the background is awesome. I think you have a little actress on your hands there. She’s definitely good at the drama. ;) Funny video and LOVE the kiddo participation!!

12. Heather @ Life as we know it...
    Twitter: TwinkieTotMom

OMG! That was hilarious! I love it! Your girls are adorable & your oldest is certainly going to be the star of her own blog one day, I can see it now!
    Heather @ Life as we know it… recently posted..Vlog Talk 2

• Jessica D Torres says:

Ha! She is already trying to take over my blog. I let her write a post one time and she talks about it all the time and keeps trying to convince me to let her write more.

13. Christi says:

That was so funny! I’m really enjoying your vlogs and I’m wishing I had a sexy voice like yours. Mine is too high pitched. Sometimes, when I answer the phone, people even confuse me with my 11 year old daughter. If I had a sultry voice like yours, perhaps I’d vlog all the time! :-)
    Christi recently posted..Liar- Liar- Pants on Fire

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thanks! It’s funny to hear you say that about my voice because when I watch my vlogs I hate the way I sound.

14. XLMIC says:

Your girls are hilarious! You have such a glorious makeup collection! I am jealous… even though I wouldn’t know what to do with it :P I love your vlogs!

And this week I couldn’t get the linky button thing to work :(
    XLMIC recently posted..Grannys Gadgets 19 continuing the theme

15. Jessica
    Twitter: fourplusanangel

Love it! Just like my make up routine. My 3 yo daughter is watching with me and she wants to watch it again and again. Maybe you could get a Nick jr spot??

• Jessica D Torres says:

I had a feeling your makeup routine would be similar to mine. Except you have more kids in the mix. I don’t know if I can get a spot on Nick Jr but I definitely can take advantage of my YouTube channel.

16. Hehe! Well you are so beautiful that you don’t need much makeup…but I am always happy to “meet” a fellow makeup addict such as myself ;)

Hahaha! Your kids are scrumptious ;)
    Ps. I need a makeup overhaul.
    Kimberly recently posted..Secret Mommy-hood Confession Saturday

18. Amy
    Twitter: amyplus1x3

At least you get to the chapstick :) I never get that far!
    Amy recently posted..traveling the world

19. Minivan Mama
    Twitter: rockthemini

YOU PUT MAKEUP ON! I’m jealous! Cute video! Looks like your daughter had fun helping!
    Minivan Mama recently posted..Story of The Morning

20. Tayarra
    Twitter: tsharp12

Love it! So true! That’s why I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn every morning! Thanks for hosting! So fun!
    Tayarra recently posted..Vlogging – WWWhat are their names

21. Amanda

ha! i love it. My makeup routine is much longer than that, and I’m sure once I’m at the point where my little one is running around in the morning, I’ll have to cut it down!
    Amanda recently posted..VlogTalk 2 – How Baby Blogworthy got his name

• Jessica D Torres says:

When I only had one child that was a baby I did my makeup every day. Now I’m lucky if I get mascara.

22. MommaKiss
    Twitter: mommakiss

my boys like my makeup. Especially the bronzer. I’m not gonna tell them no – they look good in it!
    MommaKiss recently posted..Menage a what Yes Trois

Putting on makeup or dressing up is impossible with children close.
    Those children – adorable and I want to hug them
    Leighann recently posted..It itches

• Jessica D Torres says:

Almost anything is impossible with children around unless you have some sort of electronic device to keep them occupied.

That was great! Your girls are adorable and hilarious. You sure love M.A.C. heh heh
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Guest Star- Ilana from Mommy Shorts

25. Jackie says:

LOL! That is to cute! I swear that it’s just like a day at my house though!
    Jackie recently posted..Gleek Retreat Counting the Days!

26. thepsychobabble
    Twitter: thepsychobabble

Your routine looks oddly familiar.
    thepsychobabble recently posted..Why Don’t I VLog ANSWERED

This was hilarious!!! That’s pretty much my routine too!
    Eve recently posted..Writer’s Workshop- VlogTalk – Getting to Know Handsome

Ha ha this is too funny…your little girls crack me up. I’m not sure how you get anything accomplished LOL!
    Natalie recently posted..A Tribute

So funny! I can relate! Only I usually try to lock my kids out when I’m getting ready in the morning. Unfortunately, 2 out of my 4 kids can still get in and usually the entire herd follows. :)
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..The Wasp Whisperer

• Jessica D Torres says:

I’ve tried locking them out too except my oldest can get in and then the little one comes in followed by both dogs.

30. Anne says:

Very fun! I’m impressed that you’re able to use as much make-up as you do with the kids in the background! I love mac make-up, too. I’m still working up my nerve to do a vlog….
    Anne recently posted..Smoky

• Jessica D Torres says:

The makeup is really just for decoration on the counter lately. The only thing that really gets used is the chapstick.

31. Rusti
    Twitter: rustilyn

loved it – your makeup collection rocks (not that I’d get much more use of out it if I had a similar collection)… how sad though that it sits alone and neglected.. ;)

your girls are adorable :) loved it!
    Rusti recently posted..making the move to WordPress

• Jessica D Torres says:

Maybe one day when the children are older I will get to use it again. Hopefully it’s not all expired by then.

32. Adorable!!!It’s exactly how my make up experience goes too. Thats why Ive adopted the au natural look:)
    Truthful Mommy recently posted..Jessica Gottlieb The Truth About Motherhood is that You Lie A lot

33. Mikki says:

Hey there. A total newbie to your blog and the whole Vlog talk. I linked up though I don’t think I had the prompt right.. I signed up so I’ll be one the ball next week.. LOL.

Love your blog. Looking forward to following along!

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thanks for joining us for VlogTalk. It’s okay if you didn’t have the prompt right, it’s your first time. Hope you will continue to join us.

34. The Reason You Come
    Twitter: mrsscottmcd

Wow, that’s an impressive makeup collection! If MAC ever sees how many products you’ve bought from them, they’ll probably make you an endorser. Hopefully, you can use your MACs someday soon, instead of just chapstick! ;)
    The Reason You Come recently posted..Smoke and Redemption

• Jessica D Torres says:

I hope to use them all too and the picture cut off the rest of my makeup. I really do have a lot it seems.

You never look like you’re ever wearing make-up. Miss O Natural, I’ve always thought. You’re make-up routine though sounds and looks a lot like mine…the being distracted by the kids part mostly!

• Jessica D Torres says:

I’m usually not wearing more than chapstick. Sometimes I put on some eye shadow but that’s about it. Nothing on my face.

36. Teresa
    Twitter: PatchOfBlue724

LOL! I loved this. This is exactly why it takes me hours to get out of the house. It’s “mommy, look, mommy, look!” and a two yr old hugging my leg, pulling my shirt, as I drag myself from room to room.

Love that the kids make a guest appearance again.

Do you really own all those MAC eye shadows?! If so, then I REALLY need an eye make-up application lesson from you.
    Tonya recently posted..In Blogapocalypse Recovery Mode

38. Tatter Scoops
    Twitter: tatterscoops

First of your kids are super adorable! Love how you edited your video :D And second…omg Mac rules! I’m drooling at your collection, lady!
    Tatter Scoops recently posted..Vlog Isn&8217t My Thing

39. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

That was hilarious. At least your kids think enough to call you by your name “Mother” – my name is “Justin took my headband” and “I’m Firsty”.

• Jessica D Torres says:

Ha! Those are my names sometimes too, well except for the word Justin. I don’t have boys.

40. Paulette
    Twitter: LittleMsP

She’s having way to much fun bouncing and saying Mother over and over…Sadly that’s the reason I wear little make up. Lip Gloss/Stain and pinch of cheeks for everyday. Only add eye shadow for special outings. ;)
    Paulette recently posted..Writers Workshop Table Dancing Toddler Style

• Jessica D Torres says:

I would like to wear makeup everyday but it’s hard to get ready with children whining and screaming while trying to put it on.