VlogTalk: I write, I vlog

YouTube Preview Image

The prompt: Introduce yourself, what is your blog about, how long have you been doing it, have you ever vlogged before, if so – what has your experience been with vlogging.

If you are new to VlogTalk you can read more about it here.

Add the button to your post and link it up at one of the three sites (the link is connected so you only have to add it to one site). Have fun visiting other people who are also embarrassing themselves on video (make sure to leave some comment love).

Don’t forget to join us for #vlogtalk on Twitter Tuesday May 10th at 6pm PST (9pm EST).

The prompts for next week will be posted on Thursday so be sure to check back for those.

Happy Vlogging!

65 Responses to VlogTalk: I write, I vlog

1. Gina @ Chic Homeschool Mama
    Twitter: firefam5

I have this on my to-do list- I do plan on linking up once I can get caught up on things around here.
    Gina @ Chic Homeschool Mama recently posted..Monday Rewind- 5-9-2011

I like! Your Monster is adorable.

I’m still too chicken.
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..Out and about

Good job! I’m impressed at the stuff you picked up with just 1 day of iMovie! The little monster is just so darn cute. ;)
    Elena recently posted..Happy Mother’s Day

• Jessica D Torres says:

I made a practice video first before I started messing around with the real one. It was fun.

4. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

Waiting for husband to go to bed…. I am on it….
    Theresa recently posted..Momma’s Photo Caption Contest

Super cute video! I love my iPad AND iMovie! I haven’t had a lot of time to play with iMovie yet being that I’ve been swampped at work recently, but I hope to have some time tonight when I get home from work! Great job with this video, Jessica!! :-)
    Eve recently posted..Writer’s Workshop- Where the Magic Happens Vlog

• Jessica D Torres says:

iMovie on the iPad is so simple. It doesn’t have as many features as iMovie on the Mac does but it is still great.

6. Lauren Weber

I am also impressed with your mad iMovie skills! Love the transitions. Also love how the little monster keeps saying “Hi mama”…she already knows how to steal the show!
    Lauren Weber recently posted..VlogTalk…Round 1

• Jessica D Torres says:

Dude, iMovie is so easy on the iPad. Doesn’t have as many functions as it does on the Mac but I’m happy. I was so glad to have the transitions to cut out the many “ums” I said.

7. Amanda

NICE EDITING!
    Amanda recently posted..Mothers Day- I want a redo

8. Amanda

Why did I post that? I had more to say. Really cute video and love that your little one was involved. I started to get Luke in mine, but he was perfectly content on his playmat. Now mine looks like a second rate piece of crap because there is no editing…SADS.
    Amanda recently posted..Mothers Day- I want a redo

• Jessica D Torres says:

I have realized that I can’t make a vlog without my little on in it because every time I sit down to record she jumps in my lap. Oh well. At least this is a mom blog. Your vlog was excellent. My editing was only because of iMovie. Without that it would have had nothing. But the goal of the linkup is to help learn different vlogging tricks so as we go on we will explore different tools and share tips/tricks.

9. So fun to actually get to see you tell your story. Love it, really nicely put together!

10. liz says:

Is it really that easy to use? You even have music! I’m feeling totally inadequate. :)
    liz recently posted..The iPhone Underworld

11. Nicole @MTDLBlog
    Twitter: MTDBlog

Love the music in the background! Well done!
    Nicole @MTDLBlog recently posted..My So-Called Blogging Wisdom 10 Blogging Tips

I am loving loving your vlogs. The video on my camera is not downloading so well and I’m sticking with that story. I’m jealous of your ipad! Does it work well for blogging in general. Can you prop it up?
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..Pile of Stuff

• Jessica D Torres says:

Perhaps it’s time for a new camera….

I haven’t used the iPad much yet for blogging but it is good for Twitter and making/editing videos. And it also makes it much easier for me to cheat at Scrabble.

13. Nicole says:

What a cutie pie!
    Nicole recently posted..Just This

14. Christi says:

Excellent job! Eventually I’ll get around to trying a vlog…

15. mominrome says:

I actually heard of them but never got my mind clear about them…
    It’s very interesting.
    thanks for sharing!! :)
    mominrome recently posted..First rule- be practical

Ha ha love it! Good job…and great co-host!
    Natalie recently posted..Its Your Birthday

17. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

Woot woot, did it! Coming back to check out all your blogs, ladies!
    Theresa recently posted..VlogTalk- Why does Momma blog

18. Love her crazy hair! I have a lot to learn with editing my videos still! You’re so cute!
    blueviolet @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..My Favorite Place to Sit Down in Disney

• Jessica D Torres says:

Her hair is insane sometimes. The editing is really, really, really easy with iMovie from Mac.

19. Paulette
    Twitter: LittleMsP

Oh your little monster is so cute and trying to steal the show. ;) Enjoyed and can’t wait to see more!
    Paulette recently posted..Vlog Talk About Ms P Drama sort of

• Jessica D Torres says:

Luckily my oldest was in bed or she would have tried to join in the video too. Thanks for linking up with us!

20. Kate
    Twitter: katepantier

I’ve got to get Lboy in one of these videos one of these days!

21. Yuliya says:

So brave! Gah! Nice job.
    Yuliya recently posted..Orange with Envy

22. Ali
    Twitter: suitcasetricks

Cool!
    My daughter just watched this and said “Is that you?”
    “Do you think it looks like me?”
    “Yes!”
    She didn’t ask who that random baby I was holding was…

23. julie
    Twitter: juliefromotown

wow that is very cool! I don’t think I would have the courage to be able to talk and post it. Whenever I am nervous my voice goes higher and I sound like a kid :( oh well i guess that is what good editing is for. looks great though :) can’t wait to see more!
    julie recently posted..What she is up to when she is really quiet…

• Jessica D Torres says:

Just add some music in the background and no one would know the difference. Hope to see you vlog one day.

24. Carri says:

Nice editing! :) And here all I talked about was the stupid crap I blog about. I liked yours way better!
    Carri recently posted..Throat Punch Special Edition- Modesty WTF

Twitter: MamasMonologues

That was such a cute video! That really put mine to shame, haha! I love that your little one was in it. What a cutie!
    Kimberly recently posted..It Makes It All Worth It

• Jessica D Torres says:

I’m sure your video was great. It really takes some practice to do these vlogs but they get easier the more you do. I’m on my way to watch your now.

Love your new website! Not that the old one needed any updating, but this my dear, is PURE CLASS. Love!!
    Stasha recently posted..Can we fix it

27. XLMIC says:

Woo hoo! Thanks for the challenge :) I can’t believe I look and sound like such a dipshit! lol Yours was AWESOME :)
    XLMIC recently posted..How XL can you be

• Jessica D Torres says:

I had to record mine in 3 pieces so that I could cut out most of my “ums”. I’m off to check yours out now. Thanks for linking up with us!

28. Heather @ Life as we know it...
    Twitter: TwinkieTotMom

I loved your little girl in this! She was so sweet & totally stole the camera :) Future movie star on your hands?!? Thanks for hosting this fun meme!

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thanks for linking up with us!

I think both my kids are going to be movie stars when they grow up.

Okay, I hope you’re happy, after 19 attempts and several interuptions, I finally recorded something I’m okay with sharing.

I’m impressed… how did you add music?
    Tonya recently posted..Self Help Youll Never Find In A Book

I am so happy!

Secret….It took me many, many times to do my first 2 vlogs. My 3rd one was much easier.

*Really* nice job, friend! Brave, fun, music, editing- you rocked it! XO
    Galit Breen recently posted..The Red Dress Club- A Fight

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thanks Galit! The music was thrown in at the last minute to cover up the sound of the shower in the background. It’s been fun doing these videos. My kids have a blast in them.

31. Lizz
    Twitter: libismorgan

I’m impressed with your editing! I might get there eventually, but I don’t know… you and your kiddo are both adorable! I can’t wait to see today’s prompt!
    Lizz recently posted..Vlogtalk – Introduction

• Jessica D Torres says:

The editing was super easy with iMovie but there are other programs too. I’m working on learning as many different ones as I can. The prompts will up sometime soon.

32. Rusti
    Twitter: rustilyn

and AGAIN with the adorable little one AND the calm & collected speaking (I so need to learn & practice these things!) ;) I thought the editing was awesome too – I want to learn captioning – maybe then I would ramble less?? (most likely not!) ;) looks great! I’m excited about this new meme! (I love looking foolish) ;)
    Rusti recently posted..the story of the semi-naughty cell phone pic that wasnt

• Jessica D Torres says:

I can’t seem to make any videos without at least one of my kids in it. I like the captioning because it helps to make fun of myself when I start talking like an idiot. I’m happy you are joining us for VlogTalk.

33. The Reason You Come
    Twitter: mrsscottmcd

I can’t get over how cute your little Monster is! And I love the way you talk. You sound so natural and confident.

I was going to participate this week, but my skin isn’t cooperating. In case it decides to be nice to me this weekend, I’ll do a vlog and submit it here. How long will the link be up?
    The Reason You Come recently posted..Undefeated

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you! I assure you I am not a natural at this.

The link for this one will be open until Monday. The prompts for next week are:
      1) why you don’t vlog
      2) show us your makeup routinue
      3) tell us the story behind your kids names or their blog nicknames

The link for next week’s prompts will be live on Tuesday if you want to link up for that one.