Introducing: VlogTalk

The big news I hinted about the last couple days…

YouTube Preview Image

(Sorry about the child in the video, as you can see the little monster was acting true to her nickname.) To make sure I didn’t miss anything here is the information on my new project:

I have partnered up with Elena from Mommy is in Timeout and Kate from Mommy Monologues to create a meme called VlogTalk.

VlogTalk is a weekly linkup for vlog posts. We will provide prompts each week for you to vlog about and on Monday nights starting around 8pm PST (11pm EST) you can link up on any one of our sites. The link will be open for one week.

We are very excited about this new feature as we hope it will encourage more people to step out of their comfort zones and vlog. Vlogging is new for the 3 of us also so we are going to make this a learning process where we can share tips/tricks and support one another.

To make this feature even better we are also going to have a weekly Twitter chat using #vlogtalk starting next Tuesday (May  10th) at 6pm PST (9pm EST).

This week there is no linkup since we are just announcing the meme. Next Tuesday (May 10th) we will officially start the the linkup. I know you all can’t wait.

For your vlog next week we give you one prompt: Introduce yourself, what is your blog about, how long have you been doing it, have you ever vlogged before, if so – what has your experience been with vlogging. After you publish your vlog, linkup on one of our sites. Then visit other vlogs on from the linkup and leave some comment love.

Some rules before we get started:

You must have a vlog in your post to link up.

Link up directly to your vlog post.

Maximum time limit is 4 minutes for the vlog.

We will each have a button on our site for the meme so make sure you add that to your vlog post.

Thanks for checking out our new adventure and we look forward to watching your vlogs.

57 Responses to Introducing: VlogTalk

1. Kate
    Twitter: katepantier

YAY!!!

Love the video!

This is going to be so much fun!

2. tracy
    Twitter: sellabitmum

Oh super fun!
    tracy recently posted..Cheerios- Hula Hoops and Ladybug Picnics…

This sounds like a lot of fun! I can’t watch myself on video so I’ll not sure I can work up the courage to vlog just yet! But I can’t wait to see the vlogs next week!
    Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..How @Twitter has RuinedMyLife

Great idea! I love to see the real person behind a blog. I also think people will be comfortable if they know they are not the only ones.
    Grumpy Grateful Mom recently posted..Frozen Yogurt Extravaganza!

• Jessica D Torres says:

What we learned last week is that it is easier to vlog when other people are doing it also. Hopefully this eliminates some of the fears.

Very exciting stuff. I’m not a big fan of myself on camera, but I love seeing other people. I do promise to try it at least once for you guys. :)

I will mail you those tips this week too!
    Tonya recently posted..A Fine Mess

• Jessica D Torres says:

Honestly, I don’t like seeing or hearing myself on camera either but it’s something I’m trying to get over and I think this is a great way to do it.

What a great idea! I’ll have to get over my fear of seeing myself on video!

Can’t wait! Thanks again so much for asking me to join in – I’m excited. Hi little monster!
    Elena recently posted..Happy Easter!

8. Lauren Weber

You go girls! Great idea. Like I told Elena, I’m scared, but I’m willing to get over my fear for a fun linkup idea :)
    Lauren Weber recently posted..Girl’s Night- So Much Fun

• Jessica D Torres says:

I was scared too which is why I didn’t vlog for a long time. I hope you link up it will be fun.

Ha ha love the little monster taking over your VLOG! :)
    Natalie recently posted..The Princess Look-A-Like

• Jessica D Torres says:

If my oldest would have been home I’m sure she would have tried to squeeze her way into the vlog also.

10. Carly
    Twitter: livingthescream

This sounds like so much fun! I have never vlogged maybe I will give it a try…. maybe lol :)
    Carly recently posted..New York- Part Two

11. Amanda

FANTASTIC!! Love it!!
    Amanda recently posted..Loaner Phone Part 2- Text message bonanza

12. Bret Simmons says:

You are amazing! Love to see you stretching, partnering with others to try new things. Keep me posted on your progress!
    Bret Simmons recently posted..Leadership Liberates

13. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

Great idea, I have never tried vlogging before. SO exciting, great news.
    Theresa recently posted..The Conformists

14. Congrats! Sounds like fun!
    Nicole at the Boy House recently posted..Mayday! Mayday!

15. Nicole@MTDLBlog
    Twitter: MTDBlog

Sounds like a great weekly Meme! I’ll join up as much as I can! :-)

16. Hi Jessica!
    Okay, going to be totally honest…..I am not quite out of my comfort zone to do a vlog just yet…it may take me some time, I am pretty stubborn…BUT, I will check out your vlog and the links next Tuesday, maybe it will help me to step outside my box.

• Jessica D Torres says:

I hope you get over your fear and stubbornness one day and vlog with us. It is not that bad, especially when you know other people are doing it too.

17. XLMIC says:

O, yeah!!!! I am soooo IN!
    XLMIC recently posted..Grannys Gadgets 17 and a giveaway!

18. Theresa
    Twitter: amountainmomma

I did it, messy hair and all….
    Theresa recently posted..My first Vlog- How my blog got it’s title

19. Okay – you and your daughter could not be cuter. LOVE the tummy shot (hers, not yours…maybe in your next vlog you’ll bare the torso? ha! just kidding. who wants THAT spam???)

Anyway, I’m a long way away from having the technological skills to vlog, but I am SO excited that you are starting this up – I am a total voyeur and can’t wait to watch all of YOU!

Then, I’ll come in at the tail end of the trend when vlogging has been around for YEARS and everyone is moving on to something new like 3D holograms. (I still haven’t bought UGG boots. I’m always behind. Always.)

Good luck! Hope you and the Little Monster got to eat :-)
    julie gardner recently posted..Today call me insane

• Jessica D Torres says:

I don’t think anyone wants to see tummy shots from me. Vlogging really doesn’t take too many tech skills. I did all of mine from my iPhone. Record, publish to YouTube. Done.

Maybe you should skip the UGG boots and move onto Toms shoes.

20. Shell says:

Love your idea! :)

You are gorgeous and Monster? Is a doll!!
    Kimberly recently posted..Tweal Will Rock Your Face Off

• Jessica D Torres says:

Awww…thanks Kim. It’s a good thing my little one is cute because she is really a monster.

22. Jessica Plassmeyer
    Twitter: jessplassmeyer

I can not wait!!!!!!
    Jessica Plassmeyer recently posted..Battle of the House

23. Dana K
    Twitter: TheDanaK

I’m tempted.

Dammit.
    Dana K recently posted..The Mahogany Way Birth Cafe

24. Angela @ Keeping Up with the Joneses
    Twitter: joneseskeeper

I’m a bit chicken ish to do it but I might try it. I’ve got to get out of my comfort zone!

25. Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation
    Twitter: mommyneedsvaca

Cute idea!
    Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation recently posted..Preeclampsia Awareness

26. Ilana says:

OMG— that video is awesome. I am just impressed that your computer remained in tact. Mazzy would have ripped off all the keys before she ate the monitor.

Great job! (I wish I was as brave!)
    Ilana recently posted..Caption Contest For A Good Cause

• Jessica D Torres says:

Ha! I used my phone to take the video. There was some fighting over control which required a couple outtakes.

You can be brave. I have faith.

Great idea. Go girls!!
    Stasha recently posted..Kids talk- a lot- about everything

28. The Reason You Come
    Twitter: mrsscottmcd

She’s so cute! :) I love your idea! I’m also in the process of getting over feeling awkward on video, and this would surely help a lot. Thanks for coming up with this just when I was wondering if there were any vlog link-ups around!
    The Reason You Come recently posted..Ammunition

• Jessica D Torres says:

We would love to have you join us for VlogTalk. Come back Tuesday and link up with your vlog for the first prompt which is just introduce yourself, your blog, and your vlogging experience.

29. The Mom Pledge
    Twitter: efloraross

Awesome! I hope you will all come participate in The Mom Pledge Vlog Tour!

The Mom Pledge recently posted..Amber Page Writes