Bittersweet Ending

As many of you know I graduated recently with my undergrad degree.

Thanks to the many of you who sent me congratulations via Twitter.

It was a big accomplishment and I am very excited to be done.

But…

I’m also a little sad.

To find out why this joyous event has brought me a little down visit me at

A belle, a bean, and a Chicago dog.

Please.

Now.

35 Responses to Bittersweet Ending

1. The Reason You Come
    Twitter: mrsscottmcd

Congratulations! :D Heading over now to A belle, a bean, and a Chicago dog.
    The Reason You Come recently posted..Smoke and Redemption

Twitter: MamasMonologues

Congratulations! I just left a comment there too!

Dr. Mom definitely has a nice ring to it ;)
    Kimberly recently posted..Pregnancy From A Mans Perspective

3. Congrats! I am off to read!
    JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Recap of Live Chat about Too Many Toys on Mom Loop!

4. Congrats!!! Missed the tweet as I’ve been super busy with the parents visiting.
    Ms. Wasteland recently posted..Burn- Baby- Burn

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you for the congrats. I know how it can be busy with parents visiting. I hope you have enjoyed it.

Great job over there. ;)
    Elena recently posted..Tweet Tweet

6. Mrs. MidAtlantic
    Twitter: mrsmidatlantic

I can’t wait to never go back to school again! I was so happy to finish my masters only a few months after Laura was born, and can’t imagine trying to take classes again. School’s out for summer; school’s out for EVER!

Great guest post! And as I commented over there Dr. Mom sounds like a great idea!
    Natalie recently posted..A Tribute

8. Christi says:

Such a great accomplishment! You should be quite proud!

9. Jessica Plassmeyer
    Twitter: jessplassmeyer

I just wrote a post about the bittersweet ending of school! I know exactly what you are feeling!! Congrats though and here’s to the start of an amazing new chapter …

10. Anne says:

You could re-brand yourself as My Time As Dr. Mom!
    Anne recently posted..Smoky

11. Sandy says:

Congrats on graduating! That’s a huge step for anybody and an especially hard one if you have little ones at home. Believe me…I’ve been there.
    Sandy

• Jessica D Torres says:

It is hard with little ones but it’s a wonderful accomplishment and something to make the kids proud.

12. Ilana says:

Why do I always visit people’s blogs on the day they are somewhere else? First of all, congrats on the instant success of vlog talk. Still debating whether I’m brave enough to try it. Secondly, congrats on completing your ungrad degree— that is awesome! Thirdly, umm…. see you at bellebeandog’s place?
    Ilana recently posted..Toddler Fight Club

• Jessica D Torres says:

I guess you are just special in your ability to pick days to visit blogs. I don’t know about instant success on VlogTalk but it has been doing well for only being the second week. I think one day you will brave to get in front of the video camera. It’s really easy with an iPad.

13. Gina
    Twitter: firefam5

This totally cracks me up- With every change, there is a good & bad. All to varying degrees :) I hear ya about the cooking :)
    Gina recently posted..You Capture- Busy &amp Word-ish Black &amp White Wednesday

14. Bret Simmons says:

Congratulations! That post was so good!! I’m very proud of you – keep up the great work and yes, keep your eye on that MBA! Bret

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you Dr. Bret! I’ll be there for my MBA in January. I just have to take the GMAT first. Wish I could bypass that.

15. Cori
    Twitter: corisbigmouth

YAY! That is awesome that you graduated …. enjoy your new found “freedom” from school :D
    Cori recently posted..Animal Shelter Field Trip

Congratulations!! Heading over to read your guest post. :)
    Tonya recently posted..In Blogapocalypse Recovery Mode

17. Congratulations! Change can be challenging and invigorating. Achieving balance will make this next journey so enjoyable. Enjoy!
    Georgia Girls recently posted..Good Advice – How big is your Eraser

18. Dr. Mom, Dr. J, Dr. Torres, or Mom with a captial “M” …

Congratulations on completing this chapter of your story…amazing and significant! Well done.

Reading your post, the character quaility of determination comes to mind … Purposing to accomplish right goals at the right time, regardless of the opposition.* No doubt marriage and motherhood provided some lab time to cultivate your character already.

Enjoy your journey,
    Steve

(FYI, connecting w/you today via Dr.Brett’s post)

*As defined by http://www.CharacterFirst.com

• Jessica D Torres says:

Thank you so much for stopping by from Dr. Bret’s post. He is a wonderful teacher. I am a very determined individual when I set my mind to something.